A couple Shippo / Paypal shipping questions

I probably missed the memo, but found out today that Shippo is the new default through Ebay......Set everything up, linked my Paypal account, fumbled through the unfamiliar Shippo layout and managed to print my Small Packet label.

No confirmation e-mail, no sign of a payment made through Paypal for the postage??.....Don't even know how I paid for it???......Any ideas???

Other question.......Was going to print the label by going through Paypal shipping originally, but they are back to wanting to go through Canada post and not being able to pay with Paypal (Same glitch that came up a few weeks ago)......Anyone know if this is going to be fixed, or is it the way it's going to stay???

I know I'm just another typical person who hates change, but I'm getting tired of the constant Ebay changes. 😞

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: A couple Shippo / Paypal shipping questions

Aha!  You're right, it came to my email.  I never thought of looking there (smacks forehead).

And no, I never got around to signing up to Venture One because I really only used small packet mostly when I started.

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

Reading through the various threads regarding Shippo, I've had some of my questions answered.

Maybe someone can answer these:

The Incoterm (duties & taxes charges).  There are two choices:  DDP (Bill Sender) or DDU (Bill Recipient).  Since I have never shipped outside of Canada and the U.S., I have never had to worry about duties and taxes, since the cost of my items are under the allowable limits for American buyers.  So does this only apply when shipping overseas, in which case you would select DDU (Bill Recipient)?

I don't see a spot to put an HS Code.

I keep getting the message:  You are using different weight units for your parcel and customs items.

On the first screen, I select kg; on the customs page on the second screen, it shows lbs.; I edit and change to kg. -- the same message appears.

Also:  The weight of all items combined must not be higher than the parcel weight.

I increased one and decreased the other -- same message.

In the end, if I am so lucky as to be able to correctly print a label, I will see how much I am charged in US and CAD but will be billed at some later date?

I welcome all responses Smiley Happy

Thanks in advance.
Message 22 of 30
latest reply

@jt-libra wrote:

I keep getting the message:  You are using different weight units for your parcel and customs items.

On the first screen, I select kg; on the customs page on the second screen, it shows lbs.; I edit and change to kg. -- the same message appears.

I had that for my first Shippo parcel. Went and changed from pounds to kilograms and from inches to centimetres. Then modified all weights on the customs page to kilograms. At that point the message disappeared.

-..-

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

Canada Post has been very good with sending emails of updates, news,etc. My most recent email about my Canada Post Solutions for Small Business account showed how to connect a PayPal account with Canada Post account.

"Save time and money with an integrated payment and shipping solution . Now it's simpler than ever with the integrated payment and shipping solution from PayPal and Canada Post Solutions for Small Business"

Just printed up a Tracked Packet USA Label  and yes there is a discount,  just not as big  a discount as was getting from eBay/PayPal and/or may get from Shippo, but I'll take this simpler, and easy no hassle way of printing shipping labels. I will not use Shippo until such time as it is a proven method of hassle free shipping. No, I don't like not getting the bigger discount as have been used to getting, but I have the satisfaction of dealing directly with Canada Post and PayPal and so far it's been easy to work with and no issues plus the labels are paid for immediately from PayPal same as always.

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

@jt-libra wrote:

The Incoterm (duties & taxes charges).  There are two choices:  DDP (Bill Sender) or DDU (Bill Recipient).  Since I have never shipped outside of Canada and the U.S., I have never had to worry about duties and taxes, since the cost of my items are under the allowable limits for American buyers.  So does this only apply when shipping overseas, in which case you would select DDU (Bill Recipient)?

Incoterm:

This just identifies who is responsible for any duties/tax.  DDP - seller or DDU - buyer

Of more importance when shipping with a courier.

HS Code:

Edit the customs line and you will see a spot for "Tariff Number" -- put your HS code there.

-..-

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@jt-libra wrote:

Incoterm:

This just identifies who is responsible for any duties/tax.  DDP - seller or DDU - buyer

Of more importance when shipping with a courier.

HS Code:

Edit the customs line and you will see a spot for "Tariff Number" -- put your HS code there.

-..-

Thank you.

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

The problem I have been having with Shippo is them not charging me right away.  I created the label and took it to my local post office that day but they told me (and also printed out a receipt) that the "Distribution Order blocked for Credit".  How am I suppose to ship my packages quickly if I have to wait for Shippo to charge me?  Anyone else having this issue?

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

octavarium, this is a known issue with Shippo labels and Canada Post. They aren't playing nicely right now.

I work as a Canada Post clerk, and when someone comes in with a Shippo label, it CAN NOT be processed the same way as a PayPal label or a label printed through Canada Post EST. If the clerk tries to do it this way then it will give them the error you're describing "Distribution Order blocked for Credit".

There is a way to fix this, but unfortunately 99% of Canada Post retail clerks are not going to know how. I guarantee you that there was nothing wrong with the label you printed, or with Shippo's billing; the issue is that the Canada Post clerk was trying to process it like they normally would process a pre-paid label, because no one at Canada Post has informed the clerks how to process these labels. You can have the clerk call the retail help line for Canada Post and the representative can explain to them how to do it.
Message 28 of 30
latest reply

I joined the club today; had my first sale that needed a label so I signed up for shippo.  

One thing that stopped me was the funding.  It stated that the primary source of funding was my Canadian bank acct.  I wanted it to pull $ from my $CAD balance in Payapl so I tried to change it.  The only option was a credit card.  Then I re-read the message about funding.  It said the primary source was my bank acct, and that it would first try to take from my PP balance.  So which is it??  I really don't want it pulling from my bank acct because that acct only allows one withdraw/transfer per month, then it's $5 each after that.

Does anyone know for sure if it takes from your $CAD in PP first?

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

I haven't been billed yet but it should take it from your PP account unless there is no balance.

Message 30 of 30
latest reply