Shippo Webinar Replay

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks to those who were able to attend! The Shippo team was really pleased with the turn out and is looking forward to doing more engagement with us in general.

For anyone interested in a replay of the meeting it's on YouTube here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqkTuUQGlb8&feature=youtu.be 

Be warned, it's a little staticky (they said they're going to try to work on the audio quality), but a lot of info!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Shippo Webinar Replay

Thank you, Tyler.

I have said it before but it bears repeating: the direct interaction that I've had with tech support at Shippo has been excellent.

There was one thing with the webinar, however, that was left unresolved at the time and remains unresolved still now and that is how to actually print a Return label on demand. Unless I misunderstood something, the necessary drop-down option under each order on Shipments simply does not appear where I believe Andrew told us it would be.

Any thoughts as to where else to look for it? I would at least like to poke around in that area to familiarize myself with it so that I have a rudimentary understanding should the need for me to print one for a buyer arises. 

Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 5.15.05 PM.png

Maybe someone else who attended the webinar can tell me what I misunderstood in this respect.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Shippo Webinar Replay

Oh, happy days. I figured it out myself. The seller has to look under ORDERS as opposed to SHIPMENTS which is probably something he said all along. 

Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 5.20.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 5.20.08 PM.png

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Shippo Webinar Replay

Still not feeling comfortable to use Shippo yet. Listened to the Webinar. I still have 2 issues which are not resolved. One is the payment process. I really would like to pay for each label right away & have the payment taken out of my PayPal account immediately.  Also still don't feel confident taking the parcel to the Post Office & having some of the workers unfamiliar with Shippo & how to process the package. Until that is resolved I will continue to use Snap Ship. The discount may not be as good as Shippo but I don't have to worry about my parcel & have peace of mind.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Shippo Webinar Replay

Watched & listened to the Webinar, but nothing there to convince me to sign up to use Shippo, so I will continue using the very convenient PayPal/Canada Post and/or Canada Post Snap Ship shipping methods. Since discounts hinge on the volume of shipments,(and I am a low volume seller).... other than getting a little better discount through Shippo, I see no advantages to using Shippo.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Shippo Webinar Replay

@dustmite007 wrote:

One is the payment process. I really would like to pay for each label right away & have the payment taken out of my PayPal account immediately.

?

Concerning that point, as said many times on different posts, it is possible if you contact them.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Shippo Webinar Replay

I don't think so. I asked.
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Shippo Webinar Replay

Huh.. yes it is possible. They changed it for me and many others when I gave the instructions on how to ask.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Shippo Webinar Replay

I got an entirely different response when I asked. I'll return to the thread with the Shippo billing 'rules' in short order. I asked more than once actually. Each time, regardless of who I asked, I got the same response.
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Shippo Webinar Replay

Okay. So I asked three different Shippo/ebay reps three different times and three different ways and all gave me this answer or a variation on the theme which was to cite Shippo billings policy:

We charge customers' default payment methods once a week, or once you go over $100 in label purchases, whichever comes first - with the exception of your first bill. Your first invoice after you create your account will be charged once you've exceeded $25 in purchases. If you don't create labels for some time (a few weeks) and then come back to Shippo, you will be charged right away for those labels, since it's been more than a week since your last bill. You can access all of your billing information, including your default payment details and invoices, in the Billing tab of your Shippo account.

If you are being charged on a per-label basis, is it because you are using Shippo only infrequently? Because as the policy states above, if you leave Shippo for a week or two and then return, you will immediately be charged for that new label at time of purchase. Not because it is your new default or even a default option available but because that is how they've set it up. 

And 'default payment details' still means only the user (us) gets to pick from either a credit card or paypal as a payment source, not that we can set the frequency of the billings.

My billings are still as unpredictable as always. For awhile they were every Friday. Once it was because it hit $100, another time ir was immediate because I had been using Snap Ship for the extra 15 per cent discount, and then the billings started again on Mondays instead of Fridays. It's a real mess.

Aside from the issue with billings, I prefer Shippo to Snap Ship because the data is already available from the order for the label. While Snap Ship was 15 per cent less than anywhere else, I was happy to save money and take longer to generate labels. In theory, Shippo doesn't offer much that Paypal Shipping didn't already since we all have to have our own CPC SfSB accounts to use them, except that Paypal Shipping hasn't ever updated those 31 Tracked Packet destinations from 18 months ago and that is a deal-breaker for me. 

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Shippo Webinar Replay

If you know for certain that you are NOT being charged on a per-label basis because you are using Shippo only infrequently, please again share the magic words to make it such. I am in continual contact with Shippo on a minor matter of metric default, and I will certainly continue to ask about paying on a per-label basis. Perhaps the fourth time is the charm. 

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Shippo Webinar Replay

My minimum purchase for label has been decreased to $0.05. So every time I purchase a label, it is deducted from my PayPal account. Sometimes almost immediately, sometimes after a few hours, but never once a week. I once purchased 4 labels in one night. One was deducted immediately and the other 3 after a few hours. BUT still in the same day I purchased them.

I'll try to locate my "step-by-step" instructions and will copy them here. 😉

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Shippo Webinar Replay

I was hoping to find the more detailed message I wrote, but didn't. I still found this one though:

Just send an email to Shippo (from their website in the FAQ) by using "eBay CA Information" -> "Shippo Billing Process" -> "Submit a Request" -> in the "category" drop down menu, select "eBay Canada or Canada Post". Then fill out the rest. They will decrease your minimum purchase price to $0.05. The money is still not taken out *immediately*, but it is within a few hours (if not less sometimes).

Hope this will help 😉

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Shippo Webinar Replay

Thank you! I will try this at home and report back. 

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Shippo Webinar Replay

Alright, I followed your step-by-step instructions and have Submit a Request. I expect to purchase and print a label which will see later today or tomorrow morning whether it has worked. Thank you for the assistance. 

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

Shippo Webinar Replay

I just received confirmation back from Shippo that they were lowering my payment threshold to 5 cents, like you said. This is good news, thank you for all your assistance with it. I'm going to bookmark the thread so that I can help spread the word along with you that immediate payment for the labels is, in fact, possible. I suppose I simply had not asked the right person in the right way until this morning with your help. Thanks again!

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Shippo Webinar Replay

You're welcome. I'm really glad it worked! 😉

Message 17 of 17
latest reply