Shippo not reliable

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems that Shippo is not a reliable company.  No matter how many times I have informed that they NEED (more likely MUST) sign on eBay.ca and check Shippo Central to read the complaints and to fix them, they still continue to have lots of problems.   What a suck company and why on earth they cannot work with Canada Post.  I wish we have the right contact person at Canada Post so we can inform that there are way too many problems with tracking and that many post offices don't know about Shippo.

Why on earth Canada Post accept Shippo but not educate their employees and post office outlets about Shippo is beyond me!!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Shippo not reliable

@Anonymous wrote:

It seems that Shippo is not a reliable company.  No matter how many times I have informed that they NEED (more likely MUST) sign on eBay.ca and check Shippo Central to read the complaints and to fix them, they still continue to have lots of problems.   What a suck company and why on earth they cannot work with Canada Post.  I wish we have the right contact person at Canada Post so we can inform that there are way too many problems with tracking and that many post offices don't know about Shippo.

Why on earth Canada Post accept Shippo but not educate their employees and post office outlets about Shippo is beyond me!!

It sounds to me like it more a Canada Post problem and yet your title blames Shippo.  If your post office is having problems scanning, ask them to enter it as a Supplier Account. That should help.  I realize that we shouldn't have to do that but for now, it seems to be how things are working.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Shippo not reliable

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure what you're talking about....I shipped 7 packages in the last couple of months using Shippo, and I did not experience any issues. CanadaPost clerk doesn't care if it's Shippo, Pitney Bows or Humpty-Dumpty Shipping as long as it scans and is paid for. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Shippo not reliable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure what you're talking about.... I shipped 7 packages in the last couple of months using Shippo, and I did not experience any issues. CanadaPost clerk doesn't care if it's Shippo, Pitney Bows or Humpty-Dumpty Shipping as long as it scans and is paid for. 

I've never had any scanning issues either. The people working at my postal outlet are well trained, their manager sees to that.

The problem is some postal clerks putting in the wrong code / checking the wrong screen when scanning the label. And they then see it on the computer as an unpaid label.

-..-

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Shippo not reliable

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is WHAT I mean that Canada Post needs to educate ALL (I mean all) employees and Shippo needs to advise Canada Post to do it.  I believe that Canada Post and Shippo must work together to make it successful.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Shippo not reliable

SHIPPO had the wrong address on my shipping label and charged me $18.00. Then I had to ship the package with a different company for another $18.00. When I called Customer Service, they told me that no problem, I will get a refund after 14 business days. I asked them again after three weeks and I was told that they don’t refund money, instead, they keep it on my account for future business. That’s not going to happen! STAY AWAY FROM THESE SCAMMERS!
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Shippo not reliable

I try to use Shippo for my occasional tracked parcels, but I believe so far I have only managed to make two labels successfully.

Since I value my time (18 cents a minute even at minimum wage) it is usually cheaper and more efficient to go to Canada Post's SnapShip directly.

The one advantage I can see for Shippo is that they sell USPS shipping labels to Canadian sellers needing return shipping labels for unhappy US customers.

I did use that successfully on one complainant,who wanted a partial refund. He never returned the item and the Shippo label has been refunded -- although I believe it is there as a credit on one of my Shippo accounts.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Shippo not reliable

@femmefan1946 wrote:

I try to use Shippo for my occasional tracked parcels, but I believe so far I have only managed to make two labels successfully.

Since I value my time (18 cents a minute even at minimum wage) it is usually cheaper and more efficient to go to Canada Post's SnapShip directly.

What sort of problems are you having when you try to  print a label there?  Once you are familiar with the format, it is fairly easy.  If you are using the same CP business number on both sites Shippo is less expensive for some services and the same cost for other services.  Unless Snapship is having a promo I don’t think that they are ever less expensive.

You can also go directly to PayPal and print a label there.  The price is the same as snapship but the buyers information is already there so you can save time.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Shippo not reliable

Can't say one way or 'tother whether Shippo is as reliable as many sellers attest to as I never signed on with Shippo .... I played the waiting game to see if all the glitches would get worked out but have never been satisfied with nor confident enough with Shippo's methods to give them control of my shipping ...and I have no intention of ever doing business with Shippo...am quite content with using PayPal directly despite not getting the bigger discounts that using Shippo provides... As a low volume seller, I don't need Shippo.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Shippo not reliable

Yes, you've been quite vocal about the fact that you have never used Shippo and don't intend to do so. As I get older I dislike having to learn new things but I dislike giving Canada Post extra money even more, so I signed up with Shippo.   I don't regret it as it has always been reliable for me. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Shippo not reliable

I may not like everything about Canada Post but I am certainly more than willing to support and/or give a little extra money to our Canadian Canada Post  over  Shippo, a USA company. Most of my shipments are oversize letter rate, and the majority of my postage costs is postage stamps....

Message 11 of 11
latest reply