Getting it Right

I ordered an exhaust from a Seller in Vancouver, Canada to be Shipped to Nova Scotia, Canada.

After ordering the item, I see that the "Free Shipping" is using UPS.
Since I figure UPS will Not Ship to a P.O. Box, I had contacted the Seller and asked - if they could not deliver to the P.O.Box to Please Deliver to an Alternative Address...

Days Later I get a Refund and Message that the Order has been Cancelled:
"Dear buyer, your address is incomplete, we cannot ship the item to you."

So I try it again, with this Seller

This time I have to use a Different Card and FORGOT TO USE A PHYSICAL ADDRESS AGAIN, and Contact the Seller, to ask they Deliver to an ALTERNATIVE ADDRESS... AGAIN - But this time I had also made a MISTAKE with the ALTERNATIVE ADDRESS!  

The Seller had Updated the purchase as being Shipped with a Tracking #
However, I also get a message from them:
"Dear buyer, there is an additional charge to ship to the address you ;provided which is $30CAD. You may pay it via paypal. Kindly let us know."

So, I am wondering about this "Shipping Charge" which is Requested After the Purchase....

I'm left wondering should I pay the Additional Shipping Charge?

I've Made purchases before where the "Seller does not ship to P.O. Boxes".
Couldn't the Seller have "Blocked" to ship to a P.O.Box ? 
This could have saved some of the Problems on my part - because then the Purchase can't go through till I change the address(which I have an alternative address on file)  

This ORDER SEEMS TO BE A MESS!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Getting it Right

Let me Reiterate with this Post; to Say:  
FOOLED ME ONCE - SHAME ON YOU
FOOLED ME TWICE _ SHAME ON ME!
I've had Several Frustrations with "DELIVERY" Orders on eBay within the Last Month.

Tracking States: Delivered and Signed for, with No Status Updates for 20 Days.
The Seller Ignores my Messages and Cancels the Order.

Item location:VANCOUVER, Canada

After Placing the Order I see "UPS"  - Which SIGNALS THE RED FLAG - This is a COURIER AND I used a P.O.Box.

I Contact the Seller to inform of An Alternative Address if they cannot ship the item to the P.O. Box.

4 Days Later the Message from the Seller is:
Dear buyer, your address is incomplete, we cannot ship the item to you.

The Seller Cancelled the Order.

Purchase $ 134.88 CAN
Refund     $128.81 CAN
Loss         -$6.07 CAN

I call eBay - They tell me to take it up with PayPal; for the Conversion Fee.
PayPal.com will Not Provide an Option for the Dispute-Only a Fraud Claim.

I Place an Order again, with the Above Seller on eBay 
This time the Seller:

Uploads Tracking Information; and
Replies in a Message asking for An Additional Payment of $30.00 though PayPal for Shipping-after Uploading Tracking Info ....

This time I Cancel the Order

Purchase 134.66
Refund:   128.68
Loss:        -$5.98

Home Appliance 
"FREE Standard Shipping"
Item location: Brampton, Canada
(going to Nova Scotia)

10 Days after Payment the Seller Requests a Physical Address ( other than the P.O.Box)

11 Days after Purchase, Seller Cancelled the Order -he cannot supply the item due to Damage (though I Placed My Order - Before Others)

I Suspect, I will get a Refund - LESS THAN THE FULL PURCHASE PRICE of $215.00 CAN and Loose the Conversion Fee through PayPal.. Through No Fault of My Own.

In Regards to these Sellers that are Saying "Free Shipping"

I believe the General Rule of Thumb is:  If it's going by Courier, they Do Not Deliver to P.O.Boxes.

I do try to Notify Sellers of an Alternative Address..

However; I've Often Ordered and see a Message at Check Out: 

"Seller Does Not Ship to P.O. Boxes"  - and the Order is Not Processed unless the Shipping Address is Changed.
 Most Buyers, have No Way to Know, if Sellers are using - Canada Post/ UPS/ FEDEX, etc. unless otherwise stated. 

UNFORTUNATELY, Canada Post Does Not Deliver in My Town, and it 's Post Office Boxes or Community Mail Boxes.

I tried to contact PayPal by Phone but was Given the Run Around by the  Machine; Eventually told:
I COULD NOT SPEAK TO A REP!

I Suspect that I'll be out $20.00 this month - Sellers are Stating "Free Shipping" and Orders are being "Cancelled" or "Not Arriving".

I might also point out that 3 of the 4 Orders are from Sellers within Canada - WHY HAVE PRICES IN U.S. DOLLARS  and the CONVERSIONS - if You're Buying in Your Own Country?

Ebay and PayPal, is Not Living Up to the FULL REFUND Policy in My Opinion.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Getting it Right

The GSP is the service that uses Erlanger KY as a central plant for all shipping done through this Seller Protection service.

The system is called "spoke and hub" delivery and is used by USPS, Canada Post, most airlines, and famously FedEx- where it was the starting point for the plot of Castaway.

It is not particularly useful for Canadian buyers, but it was not designed to be. It is a Seller Protection against false claims of non-delivery (the seller only ships domestically not internationally), claims for slow delivery(handled and paid for by the GSP), problems with duty and sales taxes (paid before shipment).

Some of the complaints may stop now that US manufactured goods now have a duty free allowance of $150 rather than the $20 that was in place from the mid-80s to July first, 2020.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply