How to contact Ebay Resolution Center after case is closed. Running in a loop.

Received a damaged item. The seller started a case on the RC and Ebay decided to my favor for a full refund. Ebay messasge was to check my Paypal, etc. However, it's 5 weeks now. No notices on Paypal nor on my associated Amexco CC. I've contacted Paypal and Amexco support and they cannot find anything about a refund transaction from Ebay. 

When I go to the resolution center it says, the case is closed even when I try to do an appeal it ends in the case is closed. 

There is no way to contact Ebay from there. When I try to reopen a case >>> it ends nowhere. 

The online Ebay contact procedure gives me different options, I see the grayed out phone sign, but I never get the phone sign show up with a number. It's frustrating. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Did the payment originally come from your Amex card?  If so, that’s where the refund would eventually go although 6 weeks does seem quite long.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Yes, it is quite long. I have waited 30 days because as an average max waiting time.
Now how can I contact support in this case. I don't see an option to contact directly by phone or using the online support routine saying: Missing refund >>> Click here.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I just to call them. I continuing to hold now for 56:34 minutes. Great! **bleep**. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

wecurl
Community Member
Basically you can forget about any contact with anyone from eBay, as they just don't answer and they just don't care. I recently discovered that Amazon is about 200 percent better to deal with and their prices are way better than any that I found on eBay.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Good luck, as I've found ebay is next to impossible to deal with over the past two or three years... and the prices on eBay are terrible, as I never used to find items on other sites for less... today, I find every item for less on other sites.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

It is extremely difficult to contact ebay customer service if they close your case.  I order an item from a seller from China that sent me wrong item,  seller promised to resend item but never happened after 2 months, contacted seller again, seller suggested refund but I was told a day they couldn't because too long time ago.  Since then no more response from seller,  opened a request and sent messages many many times.  But eBay sent me email advised that the case is closed because no activity in 21 days???   and I can't open request for this case anymore, and found no way to contact ebay.  I would say ebay's help and resolution center or customer service is terrible. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Amex is horrible to deal with. We refused to take it because they would not pay out to the merchant for 30 days after the customer walked the purchase out the door.

That's by the way.

Since you are getting no help from eBay go to your Paypal account and open a Dispute there.

The Resolution Centre is at the top of the page under Tools.

Enter the eBay problem in the textbox. Ignore the Contact Seller suggestion.

You have 180 days from Payment for this.

And PP can refund you if the seller won't. Then they train the big cannons on him.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Raymond Gagnon

I have the same problem. Bought and received LED ceiling lights in Sept 2020. By Decemeber 4 of the lights were no longer working. Jan 30th 2021, i contacted Ebay resolution center and opened a case #96416220000 because the seller was not providing any assistance. I now had 5 lights out of the 12 purchased. Case was opened and they told me it would be resolved. A month later, case closed and no help. Tried every possible way to contact them. What a waste of time. I agree with a few posts that stated, other online stores provide better customer service. To bad, soo sad.

Ray

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 10 of 10
latest reply