Reporting fraud to eBay

Hi everyone!

So I'm trying to report a seller who has multiple eBay accounts under different names. I had purchased an item from him/her that was purposefully misidentified as being what I wanted and then the seller ship a VERY  inferior product. When I received the item, I contacted the seller, he first changed the listing and when I sent him a screen shot of the original listing, he agreed to send me the item that I had ordered. Since the item was coming from China, he used the "time out" on the complaint and never shipped me the replacement. I can tell that the seller has multiple accounts under different names because the seller lists the same UK VAT number on the various ads that he has.

tried to contact eBay's Fraud Department, but I was transfered to a call center, where the person that I was speaking to could not understand the english language. After repeating myself 3 times, I asked to be transfered to a represenitive in Canada or the US, as is my right under Canadian law. However, the call center refused to transfer me. They also didn't take any information about the various accounts.

Does anyone know how I can reach the eBay Fraud Department in the US/Canada?

Thanks!

zog

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Reporting fraud to eBay

The call center was probably in the Philippines and they do speak English at the call center. PERHAPS people with heavy accents irritate you?

It is NOT against policy to have multiple accounts so you tattletelling on them will fall on deaf ears.

If you get an item that's not as described, especially from China, you insist on money back and not a promise of another item being sent. If they don't refund or provide return money you ask eBay to step in and force the seller to refund.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Reporting fraud to eBay

report a seller who has multiple eBay accounts under different names.

There is no rule that forbids any member from having multiple accounts. I have seven myself.

purposefully misidentified as being what I wanted and then the seller ship a VERY  inferior product.

This is a simple Not As Described (NAD) dispute.

Did  you open an NAD in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page? You had 30 days from delivery for this.

he agreed to send me the item that I had ordered.

He lied.

NEVER accept an offer of a replacement. There is no reason to believe any replacement will be any better than the original. Refund only.

Does anyone know how I can reach the eBay Fraud Department in the US/Canada?

There is no customer service in Canada. The call centres are in Utah and in the Philippines. The Pinoy reps speak better English than the Americans and actually know where Canada is.

The Resolution Centre is at the bottom of this page.

Since I suspect more than 30 days have passed since the original delivery, your protection under the Money Back Guarantee has lapsed.

However.

You are still covered by Paypal's Buyer Protection for 180 days from Payment.

PP's Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

The drawback is that, unlike eBay, PP insists that you return the disputed item with tracking.

International tracked shipping is expensive.

When your tracking shows the disputed item is back with the seller, you will be refunded.

If you cannot show return delivery, you will lose the PP dispute.

However.

You may still be covered by the chargeback policy of the credit card you attached to your PP account.

Call the 1-800 number on the back of the card (or on your monthly invoice) and enquire.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply