Why was I charged?

foyed
Community Member
I’m new to selling and I just posted one item and eBay charged me over 70$! I read that we get 250 insertion fee free listings and supposed to only be charged a percentage when the item sells. As I only have one listing and it has not sold yet why was I charged??
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Why was I charged?

@foyed wrote:
I’m new to selling and I just posted one item and eBay charged me over 70$! I read that we get 250 insertion fee free listings and supposed to only be charged a percentage when the item sells. As I only have one listing and it has not sold yet why was I charged??

@foyed 

The one listing I am seeing is an auction.  Just before you finish creating a listing the system will advise you of any fees for the listings. There are fees if you list an item in multiple categories, add any upgrades, can depend on length of auction etc. There are fees for a reserve amount.

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1690414612791.png

Best to review fees per the link attached.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4822

-Lotz

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Why was I charged?

Not a good idea to use a reserve price (costly and puts bidders off) - for an auction have your starting price the lowest amount you want to receive.

Also, you may want to correct the spelling of her name in your title - it should be Minnie.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Why was I charged?

this is just one of your selected upgrades that COSTS $:

Reserve price: $5.00 or 7.5% of reserve price, whichever is greater (maximum fee $250)
Charged whether or not your item sells

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Why was I charged?

Never use a reserve price, it's an outdated scammy method from ebay. People also hate it. I personally often don't bid when i see there's a reserve. Set your auction starting bid to the minimum you are willing to sell for. You magically just set your reserve price for free. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply