Buying stamps

I'm looking to buy stamps to use and not to collect. The stamps available in my city are basic, and I want different types. There's so many available on ebay but its selling at collector price, is there anywhere I can get stamps at face value or less? I send out lots of letter mail and I'm tired of seeing the same old design. Any help is appreciated.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Buying stamps

"so many available on ebay but its selling at collector price,"

???

Many Canadian postage stamp lots are available on eBay at prices well below the face value.

Be careful and ignore lots offering unused stamps (no gum).  These stamps have been used in the mail but went through the system without receiving a cancellation.  Regulations do not allow reusing these stamps for postal use. 

Stick to listings clearly stating "mint, original gum".

If you are looking for very large lots ($1,000 to $10,000 face value) they are available at public philatelic auctions at 30% to 50% below original face value. For example, at a public auction held in Toronto a few days ago, a lot containing $12,073 face value sold for $6,500; another lot containing $4,975 face value (mostly smaller denominations) sold for only $2,300; a smaller lot containing $1,394 face value sold for $700 (add buyer's premium (15%) and tax to these prices).

http://www.mareschstampauctions.com/496/auction.php?Start-Lot=1&InLine=Yes

Good Luck.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Search" CANADA POSTAGE" as your keywords.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

... within the STAMPS category, Canada sub-category

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Perfect. I thank everyone for the help. I never bought stamps on ebay or the net before, I didn't even know where to start..lol. Everything is greatly appreciated. I managed to find a nice lot and paid a decent price. I guess anything less than face value is a bonus for me.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply