EBAY STORE SUBSCRIBERS: YOUR Q4 SHIPPING SUPPLIES COUPON

From Announcements today:  

The Q4 2016 voucher codes for your eBay-branded shipping supplies discount will be emailed to qualified Canadian eBay Store subscribers during the week of October 3rd.

As usual, the voucher code can be applied to purchases made from the eBay shipping supplies Store. And, due to seller requests, eBay has introduced a value pack of shipping supplies, priced at under CAD $40 with free shipping.*

For instructions on redeeming your voucher, please see our previous announcement.

Russ Patterson
COO & Director of Product Management, eBay Canada

Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

Ha ha.

(Also known as LOL.) 

Message 41 of 69
latest reply

Fun conversation Smiley Very Happy

I don't text  a lot and when do I'm not fast at it so am sometimes tempted to use some shortcuts such as u instead of you but just I can't do it.  It seems so wrong!  

KWIM?

Smiley LOL

Message 42 of 69
latest reply

I know. I am Old School on this too. Even when it pains me to type 'you' in a text instead of 'u' I do it too because it is a slipppppppery slope. It starts with an innocent KNIM and ends with DILLIGA* all over the place.

Message 43 of 69
latest reply

w/e

Message 44 of 69
latest reply

ROTFL.

Message 45 of 69
latest reply

Mr. 55, George Orwell saw this coming:
The horrible thing about the Two Minutes Hate was not that one was obliged to act a part, but that it was impossible to avoid joining in. Within thirty seconds any pretence was always unnecessary.
Message 46 of 69
latest reply

My order arrived with this morning's mail. I'm pleased. I've not used polymailers in the past but it will be good to have some on hand and boxes never hurt. Plus, I do like this sticky tape. IMG_6933.JPG

Message 47 of 69
latest reply

@snoopwiz wrote:

Not even being facetious about it neither.  Nice. !

I hope you were being facetious about this.  I am old school, you know, when grammar was thought to be important, so forgive me. 

Message 48 of 69
latest reply

Ughhh. Got my shipping notification this morning. I had enough $$$ to buy 4 of the special xmas tissue paper things so I ordered 4 of them.

I happened to notice in today's shipping notification: "Quantity 1"

I'll wait till I get it to see how many are actually in it. I see from their neutral/negative feedback, shorting seems to be a common problem...

Sigh.... certainly not a good role model for us......
Message 49 of 69
latest reply

Oh no! Too few items in an order are always such a pain to resolve as a buyer. I ordered two of those envelope/tape/boxes bundles and got both yesterday, as I should. I do recall that when I ordered my first batch of 12 rolls of tape, my shipping notification said my 'bundle of eight rolls' was en route but I did, in the end, get the correct amount. I hope you do too.
Message 50 of 69
latest reply

I hope you were being facetious about this.  I am old school, you know, when grammar was thought to be important, so forgive me. 

Aye.

Message 51 of 69
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

My order arrived with this morning's mail. I'm pleased. I've not used polymailers in the past but it will be good to have some on hand and boxes never hurt. Plus, I do like this sticky tape. 

Is there a weight rating stamped anywhere on those boxes, 'mj'?  Or, failing a stamped rating, do they seem more like regular cardboard boxes or like cereal boxes in strength?  

The poly mailers are useless to me, and I don't want to use the eBay tape, but the boxes might serve some purpose.  

This will be, I believe, the third coupon I may have to pass up.  Too bad they didn't just allow us to purchase anything we wanted on eBay with those coupons. 

Message 52 of 69
latest reply

Ah-ha...   On another point entirely, I just took a close look at the printing I could see on the boxes in the photo you posted.  Did you notice the text: "Put this box to good use, start selling on eBay"?  

Just as I pointed out in another thread, these shipping supplies aren't intended by eBay as a means of increasing our sales, but luring more sellers to eBay to increase its fee cash flow.  One new buyer means one FVF for eBay, one new seller means a whole lot of FVFs and ideally (with a store) a year of store subscription fees.  It also means more listings and heavier competition for sellers.  

EBay is using us and our buyers' shipping costs as carrier pigeons for its own purposes.  Am I the only one who finds this more than a bit disingenuous?  

Message 53 of 69
latest reply

I've complained publicly about that text too. I think it's rude and presumptuous to put on our boxes, a solicitation for competing business. But it was free. I thought I'd try it nonetheless.
Message 54 of 69
latest reply

Am I the only one who finds this more than a bit disingenuous?

On the contrary, many feel the same. I imagine some chose not to say so in a public forum for fear of any real or imagined retribution.

I have used my "coupons."  Sure it irked me, on many levels however, paying $100 more a month for a store and not quite being able to fill it enough to make the increase financially feasible, I at least....at the very, very least, got something. That being the boxes I did not really need, did not really want and cringe knowing I was "billed" at $2 per for .35 cent boxes.

For what it is worth, I have used a very few of them and, made a point to have covered any Corporate/Brand names printed on said boxes. 

Message 55 of 69
latest reply

"On the contrary, many feel the same. I imagine some chose not to say so in a public forum for fear of any real or imagined retribution."

Oh, I hope not. I try not to be obnoxious but I cannot help but speak my mind. My faith lays in that anyone who regards what we post as intel will appreciate us for our honesty. It's easy for the Emporer to surround himself with people who all agree his new clothes are splendid and lovely, after all.
Message 56 of 69
latest reply

Me, I am rather happy with my 100 bubble mailers I got today. They are a really good quality. I will definitely use all of them within next 2 months or so.

Message 57 of 69
latest reply

First Light Packed shipped today!

Message 58 of 69
latest reply

Wow one can't say you haven't done your best to ask the posties to treat the parcel kindly!

(I usually put the extra address on the back of the package but normally mine are boxes (even though I'm a stamp guy!!!))
Message 59 of 69
latest reply

From what I can see, the mailers themselves don't look too bad. In your opinion, how do they fare in quality compared to other mailers you have used?

The prices don't seem that bad either for 100 mailers, even for someone like me without a coupon. I normally just buy regular bubble mailers from Staples, but I've added these to my watch list to consider for later. I probably won't ever need 100 mailers any time in the near future, but it wouldn't hurt to have extras on hand just in case.

Message 60 of 69
latest reply