EBAY STORE SUBSCRIBERS: YOUR Q4 SHIPPING SUPPLIES COUPON

From Announcements today:  

The Q4 2016 voucher codes for your eBay-branded shipping supplies discount will be emailed to qualified Canadian eBay Store subscribers during the week of October 3rd.

As usual, the voucher code can be applied to purchases made from the eBay shipping supplies Store. And, due to seller requests, eBay has introduced a value pack of shipping supplies, priced at under CAD $40 with free shipping.*

For instructions on redeeming your voucher, please see our previous announcement.

Russ Patterson
COO & Director of Product Management, eBay Canada

Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

@rose-dee wrote:

Ah-ha...   On another point entirely, I just took a close look at the printing I could see on the boxes in the photo you posted.  Did you notice the text: "Put this box to good use, start selling on eBay"?  

Just as I pointed out in another thread, these shipping supplies aren't intended by eBay as a means of increasing our sales, but luring more sellers to eBay to increase its fee cash flow.  One new buyer means one FVF for eBay, one new seller means a whole lot of FVFs

The opposite could be just as "true".  One new seller (with restrictions and limitations) can mean one FVF but one new buyer with a couple credit cards can mean almost no end of FVFs for eBay. 

A buyer is going to buy their item, its just a matter of who from.  More buyers equals more sales. 

I completely agree the "good use" phrase is there to advertise for eBay just like the whole package is but anyone who objects to that does not have to use those supplies. 

Message 61 of 69
latest reply

If it was me I would have used one of those "Fragile" stickers over the "Put this bag to good use" thing.   🙂

Message 62 of 69
latest reply

agreed, i would also turn the boxes inside out..

Message 63 of 69
latest reply

@thestuffofchris wrote:

From what I can see, the mailers themselves don't look too bad. In your opinion, how do they fare in quality compared to other mailers you have used?

The prices don't seem that bad either for 100 mailers, even for someone like me without a coupon. I normally just buy regular bubble mailers from Staples, but I've added these to my watch list to consider for later. I probably won't ever need 100 mailers any time in the near future, but it wouldn't hurt to have extras on hand just in case.

The mailers I usually use are from Uline and seem more sturdy. They are also much cheaper.

I always order 200, to save on the shipping (Uline charges the same shipping fee for 100 and for 200: about 20 dollars.)

Ebay mailers without the coupon are twice so expensive. (Uline - 200 mailers - 84 dollars, Ebay - 100 mailers - 77 dollars).

Message 64 of 69
latest reply

Thanks for the input.

As I said, I really have no use for that many mailers, so I probably won't end up getting any. I still have about 20 regular mailers that will probably last me quite some time, and I'm happy with the quality of the ones I use. I just wanted to know how they compared to what else is out there, to see if it was worth the consideration.
Message 65 of 69
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:
Ughhh. Got my shipping notification this morning. I had enough $$$ to buy 4 of the special xmas tissue paper things so I ordered 4 of them.

I happened to notice in today's shipping notification: "Quantity 1"

I'll wait till I get it to see how many are actually in it. I see from their neutral/negative feedback, shorting seems to be a common problem...

Sigh.... certainly not a good role model for us......

ARGHHHH!

A good news bad news situation...

Good news I got all 4 packs of tissue paper today, so that is good.

Bad news, because they shipped UPS got charged brokerage fees etc of $37.41, so I've ended up paying 25% of the original cost in importing taxes.....

So so far I'm batting about 2o%

1sth batch of poly mailers, I'm never going to use, but at least they were free.

2nd order of bubble envelopes, I will probably still have some left in my estate, but at least they were free.

3rd order of tissue paper, something I'll finally use, but I ended up paying more than just getting noname stuff from the dollar store because of the import fees.

Moral of the story, I'm not using any more coupons till this stuff is sourced in country.

(Interestingly I see that the price of these has risen from $24 to $41 now.....)

Message 66 of 69
latest reply

Send Raphael a message. That's not supposed to happen.
Message 67 of 69
latest reply

Hi MJW!

Actually I have even better news!

I wrote some "fan mail", through the contact the seller form from the item purchase I made from the shipping supplies store.

I wasn't ranting or raving but I let them know that I got dinged and that they shouldn't be using couriers and that I was very disappointed to be paying almost 40% of the original price in brokerage fees.

Very very much to my surprise, I got a response within minutes!!!!

Their response was awesome and they are looking after the problem.

I have to confess that I am in shock, I really didn't expect to ever hear anything from them, let alone so quickly and so positively.

Good thing I didn't over-react and leave a negative feedback, which is really what I felt like doing!!

(It goes to show that expressing disappointment in a calm and factual way works a lot better than the over-the-top style!)

Message 68 of 69
latest reply

Good thing! I'm glad to hear it.
Message 69 of 69
latest reply