EBAY STORE SUBSCRIBERS: YOUR Q4 SHIPPING SUPPLIES COUPON

From Announcements today:  

The Q4 2016 voucher codes for your eBay-branded shipping supplies discount will be emailed to qualified Canadian eBay Store subscribers during the week of October 3rd.

As usual, the voucher code can be applied to purchases made from the eBay shipping supplies Store. And, due to seller requests, eBay has introduced a value pack of shipping supplies, priced at under CAD $40 with free shipping.*

For instructions on redeeming your voucher, please see our previous announcement.

Russ Patterson
COO & Director of Product Management, eBay Canada

Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

I'll be ordering more tape. I do like it. 

Message 2 of 69
latest reply

They seem to have a few items I can actually use, including smaller poly envelopes that would fit my paperbacks.

I've a added a few items to my Watch List.

Message 3 of 69
latest reply

Why rush?

Why not wait until the revised coupon program for Canadian sellers kicks in?

I mean, we know they are furiously working on it.

Aren't they?

It's only been what......6 month or so now.

Couldn't possibly be, um, much longer now. 

Could it?

Did you even know that all vowels can be found, in proper order, in the word facetious? 

Message 4 of 69
latest reply

Did you even know that all vowels can be found, in proper order, in the word facetious? 

Well, well, you learn something new every day.

Whether you want to or not.

And on a mildly unrelated note :

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as . We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary. -- James Nicoll.

Message 5 of 69
latest reply

@snoopwiz wrote:

....Did you even know that all vowels can be found, in proper order, in the word facetious? 

I did not! But since it is one of my most favourite words to say, I can now also write it with confidence, thanks to you.

p.s. My coupon come this afternoon. I am going to use it on sticky tape. I am building a pyramid with it. 

Message 6 of 69
latest reply

Mj, are you having to pay tax or duty on your shipping supplies?

Message 7 of 69
latest reply

@vintagenorth wrote:

Mj, are you having to pay tax or duty on your shipping supplies?

No. Not even once. 

Message 8 of 69
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

They seem to have a few items I can actually use, including smaller poly envelopes that would fit my paperbacks.

I've a added a few items to my Watch List.

I like the new snowflake-themed stuff. That is super cute.

I also like the bundle collection of boxes+envelopes+tape rolls. I'm getting two of those instead. I'll pay the extra $4 out-of-pocket. 

Message 9 of 69
latest reply

WOW finally something I can actually use... I've still yet to use my polyjacket or airjacket envelopes..... (plastic envelopes cause me problems).

However I do go through a lot of tissue paper (and reused plastic bags, wrapping paper etc) so I'll be getting 4 packs of that, which lets me almost use up all my $105 coupon for a change!!!
Message 10 of 69
latest reply

I really like the tissue paper. I didn't order it because I tend to stick with bubblewrap but I do like it. I think it will knock off a customer's socks to receive something in a holiday-themed box wrapped with holiday-themed tissue paper. This was a good idea on their part. 

Message 11 of 69
latest reply

I order the tape for first time .For Christmas we always rap the orders if the customer ask us .We have it in the listing .We rap gifts in our store too .Its so much fun.We give a personal touch and love .Thats the difference from the chain stores and family oriented business.My granddaughter love to be at the store around Christmas.
Message 12 of 69
latest reply

Good for you. That's a very nice touch. I, on the other hand, despise wrapping!
Message 13 of 69
latest reply

I was very annoyed when my last order arrived and wanted to return it.  The only reason I didn't return the item was because of obvious issues with a return involving an item purchased via coupon.

I ordered "Polyjacket Envelopes" thinking I was getting bubble mailers and was really miffed when I realized I'd just spent $66 for 100 plastic bags.

For me the listing was unclear although those who regularly purchase these would have realized what they are.

In any case, much to my surprise these have been very useful and I'm glad I made that mistake.  Just commenting (for really no good reason at all)  because I posted here about it at a time when I was really peeved about the order  Smiley Embarassed

Message 14 of 69
latest reply

@sylviebee wrote:

I ordered "Polyjacket Envelopes" thinking I was getting bubble mailers and was really miffed when I realized I'd just spent $66 for 100 plastic bags.

For me the listing was unclear although those who regularly purchase these would have realized what they are.

Ah yes.  Raphael cut me off last week and closed the session just as I was posting a caveat about the shipping supply bundle he was touting as finally affordable for Canadians.  I sometimes think he has the ability to see when someone is posting and quickly closes down the session.  This is the third time that's happened. 

I noticed the poly envelopes were not bubble mailers (it wasn't clear from the photos either), and the box was a single-walled type, useless for items of any weight or fragility at all, basically just one step up from a cereal box. The weight rating wasn't stated in the listing either.  There was also a photo of the poly envelopes with a set of highlighter pens -- I presume those pens aren't included either, as they weren't mentioned in the listing. 

Yikes.  EBay needs to clean up its listing act.  

As an aside, I'm still of the opinion that not every buyer wants to see eBay's logo splashed all over a parcel, for various reasons.  So the coupons wouldn't appeal to me in any event.  

There is another aspect to this that I object to.  EBay is getting worldwide distribution of its branding gratis, paid for by sellers or buyers (depending on who pays shipping).  It seems more than a bit cynical to me of eBay to be exploiting its sellers for free marketing, while telling us they're doing us a big favour doling out coupons and on the other hand raising our store fees by 25%.  That's eBay's logo, not my store logo, on the parcel. 

Oh yes, facetious.  That's an old linguist's quip.  I have a million of 'em.  Here's another:  How do you pronounce this word: "photi"?  

Message 15 of 69
latest reply

Fish, of course. 

Message 16 of 69
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

Ah yes.  Raphael cut me off last week and closed the session just as I was posting a caveat about the shipping supply bundle he was touting as finally affordable for Canadians.  I sometimes think he has the ability to see when someone is posting and quickly closes down the session.  This is the third time that's happened. 

I noticed the poly envelopes were not bubble mailers (it wasn't clear from the photos either), and the box was a single-walled type, useless for items of any weight or fragility at all, basically just one step up from a cereal box. The weight rating wasn't stated in the listing either.  There was also a photo of the poly envelopes with a set of highlighter pens -- I presume those pens aren't included either, as they weren't mentioned in the listing. 

Yikes.  EBay needs to clean up its listing act.  

As an aside, I'm still of the opinion that not every buyer wants to see eBay's logo splashed all over a parcel, for various reasons.  So the coupons wouldn't appeal to me in any event.  

There is another aspect to this that I object to.  EBay is getting worldwide distribution of its branding gratis, paid for by sellers or buyers (depending on who pays shipping).  It seems more than a bit cynical to me of eBay to be exploiting its sellers for free marketing, while telling us they're doing us a big favour doling out coupons and on the other hand raising our store fees by 25%.  That's eBay's logo, not my store logo, on the parcel. 

That's my opinion too.  Be they right or wrong, a lot of people think the parcel is shouting out  "Steal me!".  I agree with everything the others have said about it being nice looking, useful, and maybe even a good quality.  If it wasn't nobody would buy it.  But on the whole I find buyers still prefer their packages shipped in a plain brown wrapper even if its just hand-knit baby booties. 

Message 17 of 69
latest reply

I would hesitate to use the ebay-branded shipping supplies on anything untracked. I don't. If it goes via domestic lettermail or light packet, that's a plain envelope and regular tape for me. Tracked Packet or Expedited Parcel is good to go as ebay-branded, so far as I am concerned. If it goes missing because it drew attention to itself, someone will have to answer for that at Canada Post.

Message 18 of 69
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

I would hesitate to use the ebay-branded shipping supplies on anything untracked. I don't. If it goes via domestic lettermail or light packet, that's a plain envelope and regular tape for me. Tracked Packet or Expedited Parcel is good to go as ebay-branded, so far as I am concerned. If it goes missing because it drew attention to itself, someone will have to answer for that at Canada Post.

True.  And in your case you sell toys so I can imagine how exciting it would be to get the parcel all wrapped up in that brightly colored tape.  The tape itself looks like a toy!  With Christmas coming all that eBay wrapping will really make your parcels look fun and interesting when coming into the home. 

I am thinking more of when the CP person leaves the item on the doorstep.  My postal clerk here told me how someone was following the CP truck in a Vancouver suburb and grabbing parcels left on doorsteps so CP stopped leaving them and issued claim tickets to people who didn't answer the door.  Apparently a lot of people didn't like having to go get the item because they received a lot of complaints but CP explained it was for their own protection.  CP can deliver it but they can't stop people from sneaking up and stealing. 

A seller is protected by the Delivered status of the package but the buyer might really not have the package.  These kinds of things make buyers more fearful and some might think the bright eBay announcement packaging adds to that.  I don't know.  But I figure no one has ever complained that a parcel looks too plain, so I feel better sticking with a comfortable old standby. 

Message 19 of 69
latest reply

Oh ho ho ho, yes. Porch shopping may increase come Christmas!
Message 20 of 69
latest reply