FREE Shipping to THE USA (Can i Specify CONUS)

Is there a way to list my items with free shipping to Canada &  just the contiguous United States ? I would like to have an automatic a surcharge for the non-contiguous states of Alaska and Hawaii,  Puerto Rico and all other off-shore U.S. territories and possessions.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

74 views and no answers, *sigh* I guess I'll have to ask eBay "support"

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Why? From Canada to the USA, the cost is the same for small packets with only small differences for Expedited.

List on dot com and you might be able to, I don't know. Many American sellers only sell to the 48 states.
Photobucket
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Shipping to Alaska, PR & Hawaii  is definifetly not the same cost for the stuff I ship, Some packages are 72cm X 11 X 11 & weigh .75 Kg . That size can only go expedited & cost aprox. $25. I Also I have a good contract with Purolator & could ship the same package to CONUS  for $14.85

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Yer over the 90cm limit. That bites.

Are ya listing on ca or com?
Photobucket
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Another option you have, since you are making it free shipping (so nobody knows what you've added to the cost to cover the shipping aspect) is to just add an extra $1 or whatever to every sale, to cover the rare sale to these places. That is a lot less work and the odds are small (likely) that you'll have to ship to these places. Depending on how much you envision going here, you might only have to add a wee bit....ie much less than a dollar....that is one of the advantages of "free shipping" it gives you flexibility to deal with stuff like this more easily....if you really want to be exact, if you have records of how many have gone to these states you'll already know what amount you need to add to all to offset it. For my material, very rarely does anything go to Hawaii or Alaska....but yours might be different....
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

All my listing are on .com

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I sell reproduction & Custom Outboard & Snowmobile graphics, I  probably sell  more to AK, HI & PR than all of  Canada combined . I already have add some shipping into the listing prices. For competitive selling reasoning I'm not willing to add more to the cost to the buyers.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@decal-fx wrote:

Shipping to Alaska, PR & Hawaii  is definitely not the same cost for the stuff I ship, Some packages are 72cm X 11 X 11 & weigh .75 Kg . That size can only go expedited & cost approx. $25.  Also I have a good contract with Purolator & could ship the same package to CONUS  for $14.85

Small Packet has a maximum of L+W+H <=90 cm with L <= 60 cm as you know. So this package exceeds 90 cm and exceeds the length of 60 cm. So if you use Expedite Parcel, volumetric (dimensional) weight will override the actual weight of 0.75 kg.

VW = 72 x 11 x 11 / 6000 = 1.45 kg

so it will ship by Expedited Parcel at a weight class of 1.5 kg ignoring the actual weight of 0.75 kg.

Not much you can do with the shipping costs since there is no way to trim under the 60 cm maximum length for Small Packet USA and Tracked Packet USA.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@decal-fx wrote:

Is there a way to list my items with free shipping to Canada &  just the contiguous United States ? I would like to have an automatic a surcharge for the non-contiguous states of Alaska and Hawaii,  Puerto Rico and all other off-shore U.S. territories and possessions.

Did you try the ebay.com forum Packaging & Shipping? Siince you list on eBay.com, sellers there might have ideas.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

No but I will check that out, thank you

Message 12 of 12
latest reply