Switch billing currency error

mtvkl
Community Member

Hi all,

I have been trying for the past week to switch my billing currency from CAD to USD but I get the same error message every time. I have tried on both .com and .ca, using this page: https://arbd.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SBCChooseCurrency

The error I receive is this: "Unfortunately, we were unable to change your billing currency. Please try again later."

I also get this in my browser's address bar: "SBCErrorPage&errorid=final_error&info=BILLING.FATAL.PAYPAL_ERROR-ErrorCode:11453shortMessage:Reference transactions temporarily unavailable.longMessage:Reference transaction feature not currently available; try again later"

Anyone else have this issue? Am I doing something wrong?

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Switch billing currency error

There is a problem after switching billing currency to CAD, ebay continues to bill in USD, but one sale of item 331154786873 somehow made it into Canadian billing on June 6, while dozens of sales continue to be billed to USD account. There is no way to one-time pay USD balance anymore even when switching to USD account, I can inspect fees and everything, but when trying one time payment it only offers me to pay C$1.10 from that single sale on 6/6.

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

Please take a minute or two and review earlier posts on this thread and the link to eBay's policy.

After "switching" currencies eBay will keep billing in BOTH currencies until all old listings are sold or ended.

The "billing currency" is attached to a listing at time of listing.  Switching "billing currency" does not change that.

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

I had a problem changing my billing currency but got help and so all good, right? Nope. Didn't get an invoice so checked my account and was charged $33.23 for a basic store and 'additional fees'  Phoned and they don't know what those fees are because in my US dollar account the fees were only around $6 before my TRS discount and I still owe in that account. What a mess!

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:

What Music said. You cannot revise currency. You have to cancel the listings and change them.

not for your monthly bill   You can oay that in any currency you want to

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

@cumos55 wrote:

I had to call eBay to get my Billing Currency changed from US to Canadian dollars....

I was getting that "come back later" notice.

I will be selling in Canadian dollars.....  FVF will be calculated  in Canadian dollars.

My store fee will be Canadian dollars.... always has been

With an Anchor store   I have enough listings to make it worthwhile... but no where near 10,000 listings, which I get for "free".

Billing Currency is Canadian dollars  because all fees will be in Canadian dollars.

This change from US dollars to Canadian dollars on eBay Canada... has been a real learning experience

I had the same experience but got it changed manually finally. Now my problem is that in my CAD billing account I was charged $33.23 for a basic store and 'additional fees' but no one can figure out what those fees are since I have been using the US billing for the last couple of years. I had a credit on my Canadian currency billing account and that was deducted from the 33.23 but really? No was would I have fees other than the basic store for the next month since I hadn't used the account for so long

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

tch_ca
Community Member

I would just continue to call Ebay until you hit someone with a brain. They DO have the tools to switch the account if you want. However, as some "inserts" on this board have mentioned, you will likely be better off  fpr the p[urposes of billing to stay with CAD if you are in Canada. You can still sell in USD on .com and hold on to USD cash on Paypal and convert only as you need. As also mentioned, get a US account or a Paypal credit card (yes you can get one in Canada now) and that will allow you to do ATM withdrawals at US currency atms without conversion fees.  One other suggestion you might want to consider is using a points credit card for billing your ebay fees. Many people here do that.

Message 26 of 26
latest reply