Twice I expressed my opinion about the Global Shipping in the forum and my posting disappeared t

Twice I expressed very politely my opinion about the Global Shipping (Pitney Bowes)on the special link of the forum and twice immediately after my posting was removed. I am a very good buyer (7 years of sellers' appreciations say so)True I had nothing positive to say about the Global Shipping because I was grossly overcharged. I was stating facts.  The forum is not a primary school,where you have everyday to find something positive to say about the people in the classroom. It is a place where you can express an opinion as long as it is said politely and on the subject it should stay on the board. Is it a way to treat a good ebay customer?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Twice I expressed my opinion about the Global Shipping in the forum and my posting disappeared t

Your two previous posts are still there.  They have not been removed.

Your post from Saturday read:

"As a buyer there is no advantages only disadvantages. It is expensive, for example on around  $40 I paid  $20  (50%)for so called import duties which is much higher that the 16% I would pay at the door. The shipping was expensive because the item was light it could have been shipped in an envelope. As far as the follow-up goes I can go on line and see for myself at Canada Post where my item is located II don`t need Pitney Bowes.to send me useless emails.Also it takes much longer once it is shipped..Somebody is making a good profit on top of the import duties.. 

To keep it short, .I prefer to pay taxes at the door (usually for small amounts I don't) and to deal directly with the seller.I will avoid carefully all sellers who sell through this program. I have spent a lot of money at ebay those last 7 years I will go somewhere else if it is not appreciated. "

The problem with long threads like the "comments" thread (over 5,000 posts) it is easy to have a post appeared to get lost.  If you post your comment as a new thread, the monitor will move it to the long "comments" thread because they get paid to do that.

To find all your posts, click on your User ID  jeanleonfrancois at left.

As to the content of your post, you are correct. The Global Shipping Program (GSP) is not Canadian buyer friendly.  It was not conceived for low priced items that could easily be shipped by mail (USPS) by American sellers to Canadian buyers.

The GSP exists to entice American sellers who previously sold exclusively within the USA to offer their products (valued at US$50 or more) to international buyers, mostly overseas.  Unfortunately many American sellers no not fully understand how the system works and use it when they should not. 

As a Canadian buyer you should continue to avoid listings offering the program in most instances.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply