WHERE is PHONE SUPORT for Bronze POWER SELLERS AND!!! TOP Buyers

lina-mallows
Community Member
I found this from a KEYNOTE SPEACH given by Bill Cobb in JUNE of 2007:

Keynote: Bill Cobb
This post was written in June 2007; specific information contained within it may be out of date.
(truncated) Bill, or rather a “lawyer” from behind the scenes, was keen to stress that these apply to the .com site only; what’s in store for the rest of us (in the UK) remains a mystery.

“Reigniting the core” remains a priority for 2007; a new marketing program will talk about windorphins, the heady rush you get from winning an eBay auction.

(truncated)

And for “top buyers”, telephone support will be available from September. Though it’s not clear exactly how many (or how few) buyers this will affect, it’s a complete first for eBay, and should at least make buyers feel that little bit safer trading on the site.

(truncated)

The US Powerseller Program will be extended to include volume sellers too; very much as the UK Program is at the moment, membership will be based on either sales value *or* volume. And the criteria will be changed for seasonal sellers too, so that they will have access to Powerseller support at the beginning of their busy period. Phone support will be available for Bronze Powersellers starting in the fall.

(truncated)"

WELL everyone- the FALL of 2007 is but a distant memory.

WHERE ARE THESE PHONE SUPPORT LINES?
ANYONE at eBay want to comment here?

I also found this undated, at http://pages.ebay.com/sell/pricinginfo/message/index.html:
A Message from Bill Cobb
......We also think the time has come to expand phone support. Currently phone support is available only to Silver, Gold, Platinum and Titanium PowerSellers. Starting April 1, all eBay Stores owners also will have access to phone support. We'll provide details on the benefits of phone support to Stores owners soon......

HAVE eBay STORE OWNERS RECEIVED THIS PHONE SUPPORT INFORMATION?
IF NOT- WHY?
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

lina-mallows
Community Member
CURRENT SITUATION UPDATE:
http://sales-reports.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?PowerSellerPortal

Welcome PowerSeller

Prioritized email support: Bronze PowerSellers receive priority email support 24/7 for general questions while most Trust and Safety questions will be answered within 36 hours.

- Telephone support: Toll free general and Trust and Safety phone support is available 9am-9pm ET, Mon-Fri by calling 1-866-519-3229.

Am I not understanding something here?
Is PHONE SUPPORT available to ALL POWER SELLERS- or just the "priority email support 24/7"

A little clarity would help.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
OK- here I think I fond the KILLER ANSWER to all this nonsense:
eBay provides PowerSellers with FREE priority customer support and technical assistance. The level of service is based on your PowerSeller tier:
Bronze* Priority Email Support: Yes Toll Free Phone: Yes

*Bronze tier PowerSellers get phone support if they meet the annual requirement: a minimum of US$12,000 or 1,200 items for the prior 12 months.

So- YES, apparently SOME BRONZE POWER SELLERS get phone support- others don't.
This is certainly not clearly delineated ion other areas of eBay as noted in my earlier post.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
fond=found (I hate spellcheck when it auto corrects)
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

miriam@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi lina-mallows,

Top buyer phone support definitely exists ... I've sat in on their calls when visiting Vancouver. The number is only distributed to those buyers who qualify.

Bronze tier PowerSellers get phone support if they meet the annual requirement:a minimum of $12,000 or 1,200 items for the prior 12 months. The phone number is available once you sign in and qualify for the above criteria.

Same for Stores ... once you log in, the phone number is there. I believe you can find it at the bottom of the Manage My Store page after sign in as well.

Thanks,

Miriam
Message 5 of 5
latest reply