What do you think of the new seller dashboard?

Just checked it and it is simpler although I hate that "Late Shipment Rate".  I have 2 lates out of 90 transactions where I was given feedback, 1 was another seller in competition with me and the other is my US buyer who had his CD remailed to Kazakhstan and was pleased and stated he had fast shipping, go figure.  

I had 286 CD's sold during that time period but they only count the ones that give feedback.  That isn't really fair as the other 196 probably got theirs on time. 

They should be counting all the transactions not just the ones that leave feedback.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: What do you think of the new seller dashboard?

I put the same response on the chat yesterday and got a no answer.

Ebay is just trying sneaky ways to get rid of TRS to save their 20% discount on FVF's

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

"Just checked it and it is simpler although I hate that "Late Shipment Rate".  I have 2 lates out of 90 transactions where I was given feedback, 1 was another seller in competition with me and the other is my US buyer who had his CD remailed to Kazakhstan and was pleased and stated he had fast shipping, go figure. "

We confront the bad buyers about their nonsense actions. The other seller in competition with you can't do that as it is against ebay policy. You can phone ebay and try to get that one removed. Call in the morning when it is most likely not to get an idiot on the phone.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I don't like the "Tracking uploaded on time and validated" section. I have sent out multiple things in a standard envelope and you don't have a tracking number with that.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

That is only applicable if you want to have a TRSplus rating on the U.S. site. If you look at the global dashboard, you shouldn't see that heading.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

I put the same response on the chat yesterday and got a no answer.

Ebay is just trying sneaky ways to get rid of TRS to save their 20% discount on FVF's

Most or at least many U.S. sellers should be able to meet the shipping time as long as they get a scan on time so I don't think that ebay's purpose was to get rid of top rated sellers.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Apparently, if you read the US boards, many are as concerned as we are.

There is a 2 hour chat starting at 1 PM PT today on exactly these issues. Here is the link

http://community.ebay.com/t5/New-Standards-and-Redesigned/bd-p/NewStandardsJan212016

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

And what if I want a TRSplus rating??

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I just realized that you are in the U.S. If you want to be a TRSplus then you have to use tracking and follow the other guidelines.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/top-rated.html#what

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

Apparently, if you read the US boards, many are as concerned as we are.

There is a 2 hour chat starting at 1 PM PT today on exactly these issues. Here is the link

http://community.ebay.com/t5/New-Standards-and-Redesigned/bd-p/NewStandardsJan212016

My guess is that is more about the new dashboard although I'm sure there will be complaints about the new system.

I do read the U.S. boards and some are concerned mainly because the USPS doesn't always scan their packages right away but there are things that they can do to help that situation. With the old system, many sellers would print and upload the label on time but then not mail it for a day or two. They would qualify for the discount even though they hadn't actually mailed their package within their handling time. This system is supposed to change that.  If they want the discount, they also have to mail the item on time and the only way to prove that is by getting a scan.

But my point is that most U.S. sellers use tracking already so if ebay was trying to get rid of trs sellers why would they center the program around tracking?

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I just called Ebay and they took those off of there. Guess I don't have to use tracking for that.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

The moderator has deleted something from your post so I'm not sure what you got taken off of your report.  

Message 12 of 12
latest reply