Cancelling an order, seller is not responding.

Hi, having an issue with an order I placed September 1 from the Ukraine. Their shipping information states that it is $12.00 US for the first item and the combined shipping to Canada is Free.  I asked them to send me an invoice for the total amount twice but have had no response. The 4 items are sitting in my cart separately. I have clicked on Pay Only This Seller and they all come up but each one has a $12.00 US shipping charge. I sent a message to the seller asking to cancel this order, still no response. What can I do? Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You have not paid?

Just so you know, the seller has 96 hours (4 days) from your order to open an Unpaid Item Dispute and then you have another 96 hours to respond.

Write your request again, proofread it carefully for spelling and grammar, then use Google Translate to turn it into Ukrainian.

Send both English and Ukranian versions to the seller.

Have you tried removing or changing the shipping overcharges yourself?

Only the seller can cancel the order, as you know, but should it come to a Dispute, you will have the opportunity to explain the problem to eBay. Again, it will be useful to do this in BOTH languages. The eBay clerk probably doesn't speak Ukrainian and the seller may have less English than you think.

One side note, if the seller is sketchey, and not just confused, he is unlikely to do anything about non-payement, since that would draw attention from eBay.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you for responding. I will try another request in both languages. I can't change the shipping charges. I don't think he is sketchey, but one negative rating cites 'bad communication' and another that he responded to was in perfect english. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Just to clarify... Since the listings were on the US site, the seller can open an unpaid item claim 48 hours after the purchase, not 96 hrs.  But if they do open one, you should be able to get the strike removed by customer service.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply