Collector Box Sets arrived damaged, but shipped through GSP. How/where do I return for a refund?

It's my first time posting on the board, so...

Hi, I'm Ann *waves* Hope everyone's staying safe 🙂

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but since I was given different answers for the same question before by two CS reps (they were really nice, just gave me different answers), I didn't want to risk following bad advice and handling this the wrong way.

I ordered two Collector Blu-ray Box Sets (item #264738982521) on June 20th and they already came in yesterday, which was a pleasant surprise. I wasn't expecting to receive them so soon. Unfortunately, they arrived damaged. The shipping box is pushed in on one side (like an accordion) and the box sets are busted up. I haven't removed the cellophane because I don't want to alter anything, but when I pick them up I can hear the discs and little pieces of plastic rattling around inside. I know I can return for a refund. However, I've never used the Global Shipping Program before and am unsure of how to proceed.

1. Do I contact the seller or Pitney Bowes?

2. Where do I upload photos to show proof of damage?

3. Does someone provide a return shipping label? Or do I pay upfront and get reimbursed?

4. Which return address do I use?

The shipping label says Pitney Bowes in Erlanger, KY. eBay didn't provide me with the seller's address but when I peel off the shipping label, I can see all his info on the original shipping label underneath.

Also, these collector editions were not cheap ($400 before shipping) and I don't believe the seller is at fault. He shipped the day after I paid and it's obvious he packed everything super carefully. The box sets were individually bubble wrapped. Then he wrapped more sheets of bubble wrap with paper, and used those as "cushions". Then he filled the rest of the space with even more paper. I just don't think it's fair for the seller to have to refund me out of his own pocket. The shipping box has stickers on it that say "Tracked & Insured". Is this for Pitney Bowes or the seller?

5. Can I collect the insurance instead of a refund, or help the seller collect the insurance for himself?

Hopefully, I didn't miss anything. Please let me know if I did. Thanks so much for your help!

Ann
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Collector Box Sets arrived damaged, but shipped through GSP. How/where do I return for a refund?

Morning, all grinning

Just wanted to give everyone (who cares haha) an update. My seller called CS this morning and had them close the case. I received the following message from eBay a few minutes later:

"We have decided to issue you a courtesy refund for this case on Jul 13, 2020 to the PayPal account you used to purchase this item. The refund includes the purchase price plus original shipping."

Well, that was pretty painless for both of us relieved

Anyhoo, thanks a million for the help and advice. Hope you fabulous peeps have a fabulous week!!

Message 21 of 21
latest reply