Global Shipping Program charging me duties and taxes on under $20 CDN item

Hi,

There's something I'd like to purchase on Ebay from a US seller that uses global shipping program.  Currently the BIN is $29.97 CDN, with an offers option.  If I put in an offer that ends up being $19 CDN + shipping, ebay says the import fees are $6.80 based on that offer.  Is this just an error in their software and once the seller accepts the fees will be waved, or do the import fees not adjust based on offer?  I should mention the $6.80 is also the import fees for the $29.97 price

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Global Shipping Program charging me duties and taxes on under $20 CDN item

Thanks for the tag @momcqueen!

Hi @splattii - this is an interesting situation. While the Global Shipping Program does include fees unrelated to customs/duties having to do with the preparation of the item for international shipment, I'm not certain how that interacts in a Best Offer scenario. 

Everything that I have on this currently reinforces that all information provided is an estimate until the item is actually paid for (for reasons other posters point out), but I'm happy to get official clarification from the teams involved. It will take some time however, as many teams are out for the rest of the year - oh to have that much vacation saved! 😛

Tyler,
eBay
Message 21 of 21
latest reply