Item I was bidding on disappeared, no record of cancellation

I was bidding on an item this week, I had the winning bid with 5 hours left on the auction when the the item disappeared from the ebay system. Has anyone ever had something like this happen to them? I was surprised to see the item was suddenly gone. I checked my didn't  win box and nothing, no record of cancellation, no record of a sale, the item is just gone.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Item I was bidding on disappeared, no record of cancellation

If it just disappeared and your bid was not cancelled then the odds are that ebay took down the listing -- either for a problem with the Seller or a problem with the auction.

Is the Seller still on ebay or have they been removed as well?

-..-

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The seller is still selling on eBay, in fact he has a variety of the same kinds of items which are or have been sold. That's why this is so strange.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I reported a seller for bidding on his own merchandise.  I felt he was bidding on lots of his own stuff as well, but also specifically reported the item that I was bidding on. I recieved a second chance offer . I bid with only a few seconds left of the auction, and so did a zero feedback bidder. From the history, the zero feedback bidder was bidding on tons of stuff , and all only from the one seller. I refused the second chance offer, The item was relisted, and once again people were  bidding on it. but the listing completely disappeared from ebay, when the end of the auction came near. I never made it back to check to see if a zero bidder would be there once again. The item was not in my watch list, or my bid list, or completed items list. It was just gone. I assume it was removed from ebay,  for shill bidding. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply