Newbie buyer with problem

leveen-0
Community Member

So the other day I (in Canada) place an order with a US company for four tires for my UTV. The seller ships four tires with FED EX and has 4 tracking numbers. Fed Ex gets them to Kentucky for international shipping to be administered by Pitney Bowes. Pitney Bowes issues three tracking numbers and gets them to Canada. Canadian shipping company is CanPar which issues one tracking number for all three numbers. Three tires show up here yesterday. Driver asks if I ordered four...I say sure did...he says maybe it will show up tomorrow on another truck. Well it didn't. Called CanPar. They can't help me. They say package delivered. I call vendor. He says all packages went out here Fed Ex tracking numbers say they all went where they were supposed to go can't help you. I find some button on ebay to click to report a problem. Click click tell them my story...only got three of the four items. Less than two minutes later I get an email from Ebay which states your case is closed as we checked with vendor they provided tracking numbers (fed ex) and packages got to where they were supposed to go. No refund for you..Frustrated .....I find a phone number for ebay and get a fella on the line that can access my account which clearly shows what was ordered, 4 tires and that three tires were delivered. He tells me he is going to do something that will generate a refund. I don't want a refund. I want a tire. He can't find the tire. It must be in kentucky where fed ex left it and pitney bowes left it behind. Anybody got any ideas on how I should proceed to get this tire? I have had no confirmation that any refund is coming as of yet.  I thought I was getting a great set of tires at a reasonable price. In hindsight I wish I had just paid the crazy price at the the dealer and I would be rolling on them now. I'm at a loss on what to do next

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

marnotom!
Community Member

Take the refund and use it towards the tire you’re going to purchase from the dealer.

You're unlikely to get very much further with your inquiries and your sanity and time aren't worth the money you're trying to save.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

As the other poster suggested you are unlikely to see that tire so you would be better off to accept the refund.  The company who handles the global shipping program doesn't seem to be too anxious to find missing items, they generally just refund. You might have to file a refund request  through the resolution center in order to get the refund but generally when the global shipping program is at fault, they refund without a return being required.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

.I find a phone number for ebay and get a fella on the line that can access my account which clearly shows what was ordered, 4 tires and that three tires were delivered. He tells me he is going to do something that will generate a refund. I don't want a refund. I want a tire. He can't find the tire. It must be in kentucky where fed ex left it and pitney bowes left it behind. Anybody got any ideas on how I should proceed to get this tire?

What kind of dispute did you open?
I suspect it was Item Not Recieved (INR) but the tracking (incorrectly) showed  delivery so you lost.

• I find it a little odd that the seller shipped four separate items rather than one shipment of "four boxes". Having three of four arrive would be more obvious when there is one tracking number on all four tires.

In hindsight, you should open a Not As Described (NAD) dispute, because what was delivered was not everything that you ordered. 

If you get the refund, use the money to buy the fourth tire locally.  After a while, you can make it into a funny story to tell the guys at Timmie's -- when we can all meet up at Timmie's again. (I'll have a Long John and a medium black please.)

If you don't, turn to Paypal.

The PP Resolution Centre is on your PP account page under Tools.

Make the Dispute this time Not As Described (ordered four got three).

The problem there is that PP insists that to get an NAD refund, you have to show that you have returned the items to the seller.  And with the GSP in there, you would also have the extra step of reclaiming the import fees GSP paid on your behalf.

If you back your PP account with a credit card, you can also try the chargeback function of the card. These vary from card to card.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply