Seller unable to combine shipping Buy it now and Make an offer items

jpdjb5
Community Member

I'm frustrated : I did a buy it now from a seller and 9 Make an offer for items by the same seller and I paid shipping for the first and another shipping for the 9 other items. The seller said can combine shipping but he can't combine shipping for the BIN and MAO. I ask but I don't get what I want. It's an extra of 6.75 $ I paid today and I'm sure the seller will ship the lot all together.

It's always the same as EBay : Why I can't get the better price for shipping? How I have to proceed ?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Seller unable to combine shipping Buy it now and Make an offer items

Sellers are not allowed to adjust the cost of shipping- even if they are willing to.

Sellers can adjust the selling price of an item.

For example- you offer $100 and Free Shipping for an item that is listed at $120 + $10 shipping.

The seller can counter at $90 and $10 shipping.

You pay the same price in either case.

A seller can also, if he likes you because you bought a bunch of stuff and were polite and friendly, make  partial refund after the payment to cover the difference in what you paid for shipping and what shipping actually cost.

BTW- The cost of shipping is not based on the value of the items shipped.

It is based on weight, dimensions and destination. It may well cost exactly what the seller is charging (remember shipping includes packaging costs) to send your ten purchases together.

Or even more.

Shipping rates are weird.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

It sounds as if you paid for the make an offer items at once and then the buy it now item separately.  If you had put all of the items in the shopping cart and asked for an invoice, the seller 'may' have been willing to combine the shipping cost for all of the items. 

I don't know the sellers reason for not agreeing to do what you want but it is always best to ask first before you make a purchase as sometimes it isn't possible to combine shipping or  the seller may have their own reasons for not doing so.(some may be good reasons, some not so much) Also, once you have paid the seller is paying a percentage on all of the shipping costs that you paid for. If they refund you a portion of the cost, they still pay some fees on it.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Sellers are not allowed to adjust the cost of shipping- even if they are willing to.

Of course we are allowed to adjust shipping, I'm not sure what you mean by that statement.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You are right.

I was thinking of raising shipping costs without the buyer's agreement and conflating that with shipping not being part of Best Offers.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

Ask the seller to refund the combined shipping discount to your PayPal account.
I often do that for those that pay separately for multiple items; which I combine to ship.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply