Waiting for item from Greece to Canada for a month

Still waiting for a package from Greece. Tracking information has not been updated in 28 days.

Order was placed November 7 and shipped November 8, 2018. It is now December 6, 2018. Last tracking update was on November 8, 2018: "DEPARTURE FROM OUTWARD OFFICE OF EXCHANGE (--> CANADA)." The Canada Post website indicates that the package has not yet entered the country.

My tracking number is: RE753814672GR
The listing is: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/273548284282
Estimated delivery: Fri, Nov 16 - Wed, Nov 28

Does anyone know of a solution to find the whereabouts of my package?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Waiting for item from Greece to Canada for a month

Consider the backlog due to the resent postal dispute.It may not have to been logged as entered the country yet.Tracking doesn't always show passing customs either. 

(Edit) Would help if I read the other posts better.This has been said already.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Well, some countries have been holding mail pending the end of the postal disturbance.

All tracking tells you is that you don't have it. And you already knew that.

However, if the last estimated date for delivery has passed, you can go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Recieved Dispute.

You may as well skip the Contact Seller suggestion, since the only information you need from them is the tracking number you already have and escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping - delivery) you will be refunded.

Now the parcel is likely to arrive, even if it is late.

When that happens you can go to Paypal and use their Send Money service to return the refund.

The seller's email is on your original invoice.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

If it was sent Registered as the tracking number would indicate, you won't get any further information on tracking. That service is not tracked once it enters Canadian soil. 

Your parcel is probably stuck with the glut of others as a result of the postal dispute. Canada Post says that due to the rotating strikes and now illegal protests taking place, international mail delivery may be backed up as late as March of next year?

When exactly did you buy this? You've got 180 days of Buyer Protection through PayPal. Use it. It's not your fault as a buyer nor the fault of the seller that the mail is stuck. We all agree it stinks but you're stuck. Don't count on having this for Christmas but do mark your calendars for 179 days from Nov 7 for opening a Paypal case if you still don't have it by then. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@cybershockwave wrote:
... My tracking number is: RE753814672GR

The listing is: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/273548284282
Estimated delivery: Fri, Nov 16 - Wed, Nov 28

Does anyone know of a solution to find the whereabouts of my package?

Registered mail takes longer to get here from Europe than expected (it's low priority mail). Once in Canada there are no tracking updates until delivered.

Before Canada Post was being disrupted by picketers/strikers, it took a package from Poland and extra week beyond the ebay estimate to arrive for me.

You have 30 days from November 28 (by December 28) to open an Item-Not-Received case on eBay.  The Seller's feedback shows no problems with non-delivery, so I'd wait another week or so before opening an INR case.

Plus you have 180 days of protection on PayPal from date of purchase.

-..-

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Didn't see the other posts. Mine was basically a duplicate of those.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Consider the backlog due to the resent postal dispute.It may not have to been logged as entered the country yet.Tracking doesn't always show passing customs either. 

(Edit) Would help if I read the other posts better.This has been said already.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

OK, my item arrived today and I am happy. I quickly left the seller perfect feedback. Thanks for everyone's help, much appreciated.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply