eBay collection agency for debt?

leo-chl-2rjaswmitb
Community Member

I bought an item from eBay on June 9. I start getting calls from MetCredit on June 10, but I didn't pick up the phone.   I am not over 20 years old yet. I don't have a job yet so I don't see any reason why I will owe debt other than buying stuff from eBay. Do you think they called me by mistake or are they from eBay?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No -- not eBay.  eBay only chases after Sellers with unpaid selling fees.

And the time is too short -- MetCredit is a collection agency dealing with long term debts.

Their website has a link to report wrong numbers:  https://www.metcredit.com/contact/

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

They are definitely not from that eBay purchase. You  would have bought the item from an individual seller as eBay doesn’t actually sell anything. Plus, credit agencies only get involved if you have owed the money for a long time. 

Did you ever pay for the purchase?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

No -- not eBay.  eBay only chases after Sellers with unpaid selling fees.

And the time is too short -- MetCredit is a collection agency dealing with long term debts.

Their website has a link to report wrong numbers:  https://www.metcredit.com/contact/

-..-

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

In most of Canada if you are 18 you are considered an adult for financial questions.

EBay does not allow members who are under 18 years of age, partly for that reason.

If you did not pay for something purchased from an eBay seller, you would get a Strike against your account which would mean an automatic Block against buying from thousands of sellers.

If you were selling on eBay and your did not pay your fees, eBay would go to the bank account or credit card you used to back your account for their payment.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply