ebay restricted my account

Hello guys, I am thinking of filling a small claims against ebay. My problem is I sold a luxury bag which is brand new and comes with receipt. I listed the item not accepting any returns. I was able to sell it after a few days. I then shipped it to ebays authenticator and the purse was autheticated and was delivered to the buyer. Before the item was delivered my ebay profile shows that funds will be paid after authentication processed. They then restricted my account and asked me to submit my drivers license which I did. When the item was delivered the permanently restricted my account. I called ebay several times and was told the decision is final and no appeal can be done. Now my ebay is showing that funds is on hold because my account is restried and i will only get paid if account gets unrestricted which will never happen. They didn’t give me any reasons why they restricted it and i sure didn’t violate a rules. Now to this date Im still waiting for $1419. What do i need to do to get paid since the purse was already delivered to the buyer but im not getting paid?
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Firstly, Your user name indicates your location is the United States>>>this is the eBay Canada community forums.

Secondly only eBay can tell you(if they so choose) why your account is restricted.

Thirdly and most importantly It is against eBay rules & policies to open a second account if the first one has been restricted, so don't try that....

Further to this you as a new seller,with 0 feedback, 0 selling experience had listed and sold a high value item on eBay for which eBay automatically with holds payment until fully satisfied that all is well and good....that can be up to 30 days( or more at eBay's discretion).

The buyer has not left feedback and presumably this item was just sold within the past few weeks.

Additionally, "filing a small claims against eBay" is useless at this point as  eBay has every right to with hold your funds for up to 30 days. Your funds will remain on hold until eBay releases them under their rules & policies.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Have you set up your Banking and managed Payments with eBay...

Your funds will be held at least 30 days before release no matter the situation as you are a NEW seller...

You maybe should read the Terms and Conditions you signed up for when you opened your account on eBay.com

Small Claims?

Why, due to your lack of hindsight, possibly...

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I listed the item not accepting any returns.

No Returns does not mean No Refunds.

I called ebay several times and was told the decision is final and no appeal can be done.

On the phone?

The phone clerks work for a subcontractor. They mostly want to get you off the phone and fill their quota.

Use the eBay employees assigned to social media.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service. Please be aware that for social media CS, you send them a Private Message and briefly explain what your problem or issue is. Feel free to leave your Name, address, phone number and/or your email address in this message. It is private and secure and it may help to speed up the response for you.

https://www.facebook.com/ebay— Message button in upper right on landing page.

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

Now my ebay is showing that funds is on hold because my account is restried and i will only get paid if account gets unrestricted which will never happen.

Use any of those social media Chats to Chat with a real trained employee.

All new sellers have a 30 day Hold on customer payments. It's not just you, although the high value/high fraud category is a further problem.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 

Exactly

Unless the OP has a registered Managed Payments account, which for a US based seller requires an SSN and a checking account with a US bank, eBay has no way to transfer money to them.

I don't know why eBay allows anyone to sell here who does not have a functional Managed Payments account. Poor thinking.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Maybe the issue is the priority shown to newbies to entice them into the web of potential easy $$$

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/selling/how-to-sell

3 Steps to sell

aka “The hook, line, and sinker routine”

List (THE HOOK)

Learn what to sell, how to photograph and describe it, and how to price it right.

Ship (THE LINE)

Learn how to pack your item, print your label, and ship with ease.

Earn cash (THE SINKER)

How do you want to be paid? We show you your options.

("Check it out" is NOT so important-sounding as "Watch Now")
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

The sellers forum on .com is https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/bd-p/selling-db

I don't know if anyone will be able to help you there but the posters there may be more familiar with situations like this.   You aren't the first person who has posted that eBay has said they will not release the sellers money to them for unspecified reasons. I've read that  eventually they will release the money to your state and you can claim it through them but please post on the other forum.

Since eBay  has restricted your account, there is more to it than a new seller 30 day hold.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply