A CHRISTIAN THREAD

tom_no.1
Community Member
Welcome to a place where Christ should be exalted and "Self" should be abased!!

Welcome to a place where the BIBLE can be discussed rationally, intelligently, and positively without unnecessary argument!!

Welcome to a place where prayer can be requested and encouraged!!

Welcome to a place where positive and encouraging thoughts from scripture can be shared in a caring and loving way!!

Welcome to a place away from all the arguments, recriminations, and negativity of the outside world!!

Welcome to a place of rest and safety!!

Welcome to a place where Philippians 2:3 is practiced: "Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves."

Welcome to this Christian thread.

(Please leave all aggression, bitterness, and philosophy outside the door and please wipe your feet before coming inside!!)

I live in my own little world. But it's OK... They know me Here!

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. Eph.6:11.
Eph.6:10-17.
Message 1 of 5,136
latest reply
5,135 REPLIES 5,135

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

apollosplace
Community Member
I pray you will have the exact words you need to express yourself Laurie. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

http://www.geocities.com/ebaypets/contestrules.html
Photobucket
Message 61 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

spendmama
Community Member
Just wanted to share. . .

With tears staining your cheeks and pride sweeping your heart, you smile for the cheering thousands. The TV cameras pan the audience until they finally focus on your proud family, who is cheering encouragement to you and telling all within earshot that you belong to them.

Most of us will never know the exhilaration of winning a gold medal at the Olympics. But in your imaginations, we've all proudly stood on that top platform. . .

If only it could be true.

Your world may be filled with challenges just as trying as those faced by top Olympic contenders, but no roaring crowds cheer you on, and no one offers you a gold medal for your valiant efforts to win this game called life.

But wait. . .if you listen closely, you might just hear the faint sound of cheering. And as ou open your heart to the possibilities, the cheers will become louder and louder as you discover their source. Hebrews 12 says that we have a great cloud of witnesses surrounding us, cheeering us to run with perseverance the race marked out for us. More than spectators, these witnesses are previous competitors, and they understand the sacrifices you're making and the pain you've endured.

And if you'll pan the crowd, you'll see your Father - He's the one leading the cheer. Arms raised, index finger extended, He's shouting to you, "You're number one! You're number one!" Beside Him is your brother, Jesus. He's turning to others in the crowd, excitedly telling all that you belong to Him.

You are declared the winnter!

Romans 8:31-19
If I am for you, who can be against you? In all things, you are much more than a victorious conqueror through me. Nothing can sstop me from loving you - not death or life, angels or dmeons, current circumstances or anything in the future. Know that nothing and no one in all of the entire world can separate you from my totally awesome and indescribable love.
Love always and unconditionally,
Your God of Victory

*From "Book of Hugs"*

Laurie. . .Go, girl. God is with you!!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then there will be peace.

Photobucket
Knowledge is not enough, we must apply; willing is not enough, we must do. - Unknown
Message 62 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

lr4941
Community Member
That was cool.

Well, I knew when to stop because the pastor leaned in to take the microphone away from me, but I wouldn't give it to him -hahaha! Everyone laughed. One woman cried at my message. A couple of people came to me at the end and said they were blessed. Others came and said, "so... you have problems, eh" (meaning they missed the point- but that's okay). So, I guess it was okay.

Thanks for the encouragement. :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 63 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

lol there will always be someone who misses the point. I was once asked to share my testimony, so I agreed, and I gave the most emotional testimony with all the details of my former life compared to now, and afterwards the Pastor commented, "well God loves us all the same, no individual's salvation is more important than another's".

I thought, "Is that what he thought I was saying?" Oh well. Ralphie
Message 64 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

lr4941
Community Member
lol, Ralph!

Message 65 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

lr4941
Community Member
Does anyone know if Art got his miracle yet?

Message 66 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

seasage123
Community Member
a gracious bump
(will offend but what the heaven eh?)
lol
Message 67 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

lr4941
Community Member
We had an interesting discussion at church tonight. We've been talking a lot about forgiveness - it's a subject that's always present anyway, but we've been talking a lot about it specifically.

Tonight, some interesting questions were raised.

Personally forgiving is one thing... What does it look like to forgive as a group? As a community? As a city? As a country? What would happen if the Prime Minister took an attitude of forgiveness when dealing with foreign affairs, defence, justice, etc? Lots of interesting answers.

What would happen if the whole planet took an attitude of forgiveness?

What's possible? Why? Why not?

There's no black and white easy answer, but it's interesting food for though. There's no right answer, either - not that we could come up with, anyway. 🙂

Just thought I'd throw this out there.

Message 68 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

apollosplace
Community Member
Isn't that the ultimate quest - to give love in response to hate? Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket
Message 69 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

lr4941
Community Member
Yes - Love is patient and forgives all things - but love doesn't mean that we tolerate evil. It's interesting where we draw the lines.

Forgiveness doesn't mean we'll trust the offender; doesn't mean we'll be buddies with the person.

We can say things... but what does it look like in action? What does it look like when it's walked out? What would it look like if we were forgiving as a nation?

Message 70 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

squiddley_diddley
Community Member
According to the Bible, God requires three things of his children in order to obtain forgiveness:

1. Acknowledgement of their sins.
2. Genuine repentance.
3. A sincere desire not to re-offend.

For us to offer forgiveness to one another without all of those elements being present seems to me a perversion of the Lord's love & teachings.

Just my opinion of course, but it does make you stop and think, doesn't it?
Message 71 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

lr4941
Community Member
It's an interesting take.

I've forgiven others even when they are not sorry. I do that because I think God wants me to. "Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who tresspass against us." God will use the same measurements with us as we use with others, I think.

But then, there are people who have been pretty seriously abused by offenders who are not sorry and would do it again if they got the chance. I don't expect or pressure them to forgive - but amazingly, many of them do!

And how do we know someone's heart? Who are we to judge when we are not God?

What would happen if we forgave anyway?

I'm not necessarily arguing with you here - just throwing some things out there. I appreciate your opinion whether that's where I am in my head or not. I don't have THE answers.

Message 72 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

squiddley_diddley
Community Member
Yes, that's a very good point. I myself have forgiven many people over the years who have not expressed regret but I consider that more of a "letting go", for my own piece of mind. I give up my anger against them and my desire for revenge and place them in God's hands, knowing that he is the ultimate judge of our actions.

However, as you point out, there are certain people like that which you have to decide to put out of your life because, given the chance, they will re-offend at the first opportunity. I think that for genuine forgiveness to occur, there must be some measure of repentence. Otherwise, healing does not occur and trust is never restored.
Message 73 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

apollosplace
Community Member
Loving someone that has harmed us or we consider "evil" doesn't mean condoning what they have done. It is praying they find the love of God and thus make amends. Evil cannot survive in a bath of love. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket
Message 74 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

lr4941
Community Member
Loving someone that has harmed us or we consider "evil" doesn't mean condoning what they have done.

Excellent point.

Message 75 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

squiddley_diddley
Community Member
Yes, I agree with both of you.

However, he is another scenario to consider:

A woman's spouse continually abuses both her and her children. She forgives him over & over and tries to encourage him to get help because she really loves this man and takes her wedding vows serious (...for better or for worse). However, he is adamant in his refusal to seek treatment. By staying with him & allowing him to continue this behavior, is she not providing him with the opportunity to continue sinning?

I don't have all the answers either but if you never challenge yourself with such questions, your faith never grows ......
Message 76 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

apollosplace
Community Member
You don't have to be a victim in order to forgive. You never need to put up with abuse. I don't beleive that would be God's wish even though it was written differently 2000 years ago.

If you don't forgive it eats you up inside.

That's just my take on it based on what I've learned and found to be true for myself. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket
Message 77 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

squiddley_diddley
Community Member
How very true -- anger & resentment are poisons that can gnaw away at your insides for years and turn you into a person that you were never meant to be. First thing you know, you become bitter & lash out at people that don't deserve it.

Anyhow, must be off to do some housework but hope everyone has a terrific day! :-x
Message 78 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

bluesniteout
Community Member
Good morning everyone, Tom, just wanted to drop in and say thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Somehow, I truly believe that this auction will be better and bigger second time around. :-x <>
<>
<>
<>
<>
<>
<>
<>
<>
<>
A Self Portrait
Message 79 of 5,136
latest reply

A CHRISTIAN THREAD

lr4941
Community Member
Yes - forgiveness does not equal trust and does not equal continuing relationship.

Message 80 of 5,136
latest reply