Ebay.ca is presently telling all potential international buyers that I will not ship to them.

I am a long time top rated seller.

I received an email from an American in North Carolina (we ship to all US addresses, including his), that my ebay auction, has a message on it that I will not ship to his address.

Upon investigation, all my Good Till Cancelled and Auction listings, only give a shipping price to Canadian addresses.   Everywhere on the planet is blank, and I assume those potential buyers are also being told I will not ship to them.

I had a similar experience with a batch of 10 auctions about a month ago.   Ebay assured me the problem would be fixed by the end of the auctions  - it wasn't.   I got much lower final auction prices as a result

I then started another batch of 10 day auctions.    This time at least one of them was affected.   I discovered the affected auction because a potential US bidder wrote to me asking if he could get me to ship to him!    He wrote to me in the last 24 hours, so I was unable to cancel the auction.   I started the auction at $9.99 and it was still at that price, even though it was a camera that should get lots of interest, and sell for about $80.   I phoned ebay, and they acknowledged the problem, but they refused to end the auction.   The item ended for just $15.50 - no doubt because ebay had sabotaged the auction by telling all potential international bidders that I would not ship to them.    Ebay did tell me this problem would be fixed within a day or two.

I then started another batch of 10 day auctions.    When I started them, they seemed to be working.    But now its even worse.    All my listings are only giving shipping rates to Canadain addresses, and as far as I can tell, all potential international bidders are being told by ebay in bold Red Letters, that I will not ship to them.

Luckily I have enough time to cancel my auctions, which I will do in the morning after talking with ebay.

Hopefully the solution will be to relist on ebay.com 

If you have auctions currently in ebay.ca, I encourage you to look and see if anyone outside of Canada is receiving a shipping rate, and/or if they are being told you will not ship to them.

Message 1 of 172
latest reply
171 REPLIES 171

Re: Ebay.ca is presently telling all potential international buyers that I will not ship to them.

I’ll try and report back.
Message 101 of 172
latest reply

Re: Ebay.ca is presently telling all potential international buyers that I will not ship to them.

Well..... it looks like International Air Parcel is responsible for triggering the glitch BUT it may be a red herring. Removing it (or revising the listing to remove it) appears to mostly fix the problem, or at least reverse the problem to a version of it last seen about a month ago. 

Evidence:

Listing: no shipping USAListing: no shipping USAListing: no shipping internationalListing: no shipping internationalRevise to remove Air ParcelRevise to remove Air ParcelAir Parcel GoneAir Parcel GoneBack to shipping costs displayed for USA with red warning textBack to shipping costs displayed for USA with red warning textActual costs and no error internationalActual costs and no error international

Message 102 of 172
latest reply

I'm not certain I believe this is a cure or even a treatment. We shall have to see if this unfixed itself overnight before I revise 1000 listings to remove Air Parcel... and then what about those countries actually served by Air Parcel? They're left out in the cold. 

Here is my listing:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/232660579451

Message 103 of 172
latest reply

So, go forward with cautious optimism. It seems like if you revise all your Calculated Shipping listings to eliminate service by Air Parcel, the other services to destinations will show as they should. I'm not offering rhyme nor reason, nor reassurance the error won't crop up again in another form -- and you'll have no postage offered to countries that rely on Air Parcel -- but this is a stopgap measure. Another user figured it out. On the thread cited last page by pj. Thanks to them for that. 

Message 104 of 172
latest reply

This is a real bummer, all my shipping to the USA and International is via Air Parcel! ugg.

Message 105 of 172
latest reply

This may be related to the Canada post Rate changes that took place sometime around January 15th.

Message 106 of 172
latest reply

I just did a test,

If I remove the International options on a listing then the USA calculator works, if I have any international options then it does not. Very concerning and frustrating as all my listings Ship to Canada (Via CP letter mail or parcel) and USA  via CP Small Packet USA Air, and International via CP Small Packet International Air.

These are the most economical options CP has. typically between $7.18 - $10:51 CAD to the USA and $9.71 - $11:51 CAD internationally.

I do not appreciate this glitch as my listings have been this way for over a year without issue, now its broken, and I cannot offer worldwide shipping that calculates properly for customers. If this continues I may have to close my store as am excluding either USA or International. customers. 80% of my sales are via those 2 shipping options.

Message 107 of 172
latest reply

Try removing Air Parcel and Surface Parcel ONLY as recommended by bassox333.
Message 108 of 172
latest reply

Also, there is no ‘Air Parcel’ shipping to the USA. It’s an international service only, for countries not served by Xpresspost.
Message 109 of 172
latest reply

The side affects of these calculator issues keep adding up. Prior to the problem the majority of my business was with US customers so was able to qualify for that 10 % discount for seller fees. Since then I lost that discount. Now has become extremely difficult to get it back. Currently by quantity of sales, Canada first, Intl second and USA 3rd which is frustrating due to the fact they are our largest market.  And correctly displayed shipping on lighter items is actually cheaper to ship to USA vs Canada. The US sales I do have are from repeat customers that like certain products I sell. On the bright side they are higher value sales. On the not so bright side they do not qualify for the discount on fees. This cause and affect  was by nothing I did, yet as sellers we are being penalized the longer this goes on. Maybe discounts should be based on dollar value of ones sales vs number of sales. Hey, just throwing it out there!!

-CM

Message 110 of 172
latest reply

@flyhooks4lesswrote:

I just did a test,

If I remove the International options on a listing then the USA calculator works, if I have any international options then it does not. Very concerning and frustrating as all my listings Ship to Canada (Via CP letter mail or parcel) and USA  via CP Small Packet USA Air, and International via CP Small Packet International Air.

These are the most economical options CP has. typically between $7.18 - $10:51 CAD to the USA and $9.71 - $11:51 CAD internationally.

I do not appreciate this glitch as my listings have been this way for over a year without issue, now its broken, and I cannot offer worldwide shipping that calculates properly for customers. If this continues I may have to close my store as am excluding either USA or International. customers. 80% of my sales are via those 2 shipping options.

I understood bassox to say that it was the CP international air  or international surface that was giving them the problems but you use small packet international which is a different service.  But when I checked a couple of your listings, you were using small packet international but couldn't see a US price so perhaps small packet is a problem.  You could try taking small packet international (US small packet is ok) and instead use the generic standard, economy or expedited international shipping to see if that makes a difference. You would have to use a flat rate price for that but it might be useful to know if that helps being able to see the US shipping costs. 

Message 111 of 172
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies

I still see the top rated badge on your listings.

Are you referring to the US trs or global trs?

Message 112 of 172
latest reply

It sounds like Canadian sellers are doing more to resolve this issue by all the experimenting and testing we are  doing to find a solution. I'm thinking our time could be better spend by listing without these problems.

-CM

Message 113 of 172
latest reply

According to my "Dashboard" 196 transactions for Global and 96 for USA. Global is not an issue. So doing the math -9 come off for Feb 2017. Currently up to a grand total of 6 for the current Feb.

-CM
Message 114 of 172
latest reply

If global is not an issue than you are not going to lose the 10% discount.   You will still get it for your listings as long as you have TRS for global.   Having US TRS may give better placement at times but there are so many factors that they take into account for listing placement that I doubt that having or not having US TRS makes much of a difference.   You only get the TRSplus badge on .com if you meet all US trs requirements including their tracking requirements,  but again...I don't know how much that helps if at all.  It's difficult for Canadians to get that trs plus badge anyway because our tracking is so expensive.

Message 115 of 172
latest reply

I have Canada Post International Parcel on all my listings as one of the international options, along with Canada Post Xpresspost International, and where qualified, Tracked Packet International.

I tried removing the Canada Post International Parcel option from listing 292306714305

As noted elsewhere that listing now gives US buyers a red letter warning "Shipping cost cannot be calculated. Please enter a valid postal code." along with a shipping rate to the US.

The remaining international option (Xpresspost International) now works for those Countries it reaches

All other international people get the following message "This item will ship to Ukraine (I used Ukraine in this case), but the seller has not specified shipping options. Contact the seller- opens in a new window or tab and request a shipping method to your location."

The extraordinary thing here is that after 2 weeks of this **bleep**, ebay has done nothing to fix it.   Clearly its an easy fix, as its triggered by including or not including a single shipping option.

Message 116 of 172
latest reply

I just tried this again using my Westcoastart2 account.    I believe all the listings have Canada Post Air Parcel as a shipping option.

First I tried a bulk change to shipping to remove the Air Parcel option.     I strongly advise you do not do that.    I found out the hard way each listing has to be done separately.

I then discovered this "cure" of removing Air Parcel, does not work all the time.    I did it for my listing 282635105722 and I lost all shipping information, including for Canada.     This package size and weight are well within Canadapost limits for US Xpresspost, and International Xpresspost and Canada Expedited and Xpresspost (all four are given in the rate calculator for this item).

After removing Air Parcel I lost all calculated shipping (for all Countries including Canada).    I put Air Parcel back, and all shipping remained lost.

Total Ebay incompetence.    Time to start short selling Ebay shares.

Message 117 of 172
latest reply

I have not yet attempted to remove Air Parcel from my listings, all of which have it as far as I recall. I was afraid of experiencing what you are reporting here. Also, I use Bulk Editor with caution as I have had some very unintended results. Again, however, I use 95 per cent Fixed Price listings which all show postage when you Add to Cart so I’m not suffering as much as other Canadian sellers as a result of this rather large problem.
Message 118 of 172
latest reply

Once the Stock Market gets wind of Ebay being unable to fix its software, its share price is going to crash.

Message 119 of 172
latest reply

I was wondering why you keep saying this is not affecting your sales, so I had a look at your page, and noticed most of your listings have FREE SHIPPING.   That might explain why you're not affected by this shipping rate calculator problem like the rest of us.

Message 120 of 172
latest reply