July 7 2021 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

Opening the chat up for your questions. I will begin working on replies tomorrow afternoon. 

Thanks!
Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: July 7 2021 Weekly Session

I'm currently blocked from revising my ads because I missed the deadline for managed payments, but when I go to the link it suggests I go to to set up the payments it says I have to wait to be invited. I think the issue stems from having an account that predated the .ca website and accidentally starting the managed payment registration process using a link the .com side emailed me a couple of months ago. ( I stopped that process once it was saying my default address was my canadian address + ", USA"). This blocking happened on the app weeks ago and I talked to a CSR who said they changed me from a us to canada account, but now I'm blocked on the app AND on the website as of a week ago. Help.

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

Oh, and I talked to ebay support yesterday and they just said wait another week..

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

Back in 2017 when Etsy switched ALL sellers to their Etsy Payments system(Adyen), it was a global action with all sellers/all countries that were brought onboard...yet after 3 years eBay cannot get it right even for their own USA sellers and are still trying to bring onboard sellers country by country= a fiasco/the biggest mess of all time/the worst possible outcome for many sellers and after 3 years this mess continues... just goes to prove eBay has not got a clue what it is doing/eBay does not know how to do this and should never have implemented this managed Payment system without experts who knew how to bring about such a huge changeover without creating this global mess. Perhaps in a year's time I shall check back to see how things are going, but in the meantime I have left this mess to those who choose to play in it ...as a seller I am gone, gone,gone from eBay. There is no excuse for putting sellers through any of this and eBay is so totally incompetent that this site has become a pathetic excuse for a selling venue.

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

portfelt
Community Member

Why have I been denied registering to sell with your new program? Its been 5 weeks, 7 calls to support and nothing but lame excuses.

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

hlmacdon
Community Member

Can we get a representative from Ebay Canada management to come on and explain why there are so many issues with onboarding people of late? The amount of issues people are having and the amount of poor advice being given out about managed payments by managed payments reps is very concerning. Sellers are being pushed through a process when ebay doesn't even have their own ducks in a row internally. There are people that have been stuck for weeks or over a month with their money in limbo land. It's insulting to keep receiving more messages about further restrictions for not completing registration when you are stuck waiting for internal departments to get their act together so we can do just that. There needs to be a properly documented internal process with clear escalation points and in my experience it is very clear that is not in place.  

Not acceptable.

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

Two of my accounts are in Managed Payments and although I have been paid by my customers, no money has been put in my accounts.

I'm working on the problems-- and there is a different problem for each account-- but I need reassurance that eBay is Holding my payments and that they will be transferred to my banks when these problems are resolved.

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

I would like to know where, our seller protection is, when it comes to charge backs, ..I am seeing case after case being lost, to the scammers/ buyers, who claim don't unauthorized transaction,  and they are receiving a full refund and keeping the item.. Even when a seller provides tracking showing item has been received..

The usa boards are full of these cases, leaving the seller high and dry..  I realize the canned answer is the bank, is responsible for the charge backs,  but it is ebay that is supposed to be protecting us from the bad buyers.. I know when paypal managed our money, i never lost a charge back, when i had tracking..

Perhaps ebay, needs to use a different description on the credit card statement, so buyers can recognize the transactions, instead of just disputing them, .. and at least make the buyer return the item before refunding, them any money..

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

I have been trying to complete my Payout sinse early June.  After numerous attempts I am getting nothing but a complete run around. Promising that this would be taken care of.  One rep said that they would handle this manually as they see all information have been given. Another rep say he will write a ticket to make my case priority. Im still waiting. 

I have gone as far as complained to the BBB for what I see is either deliberate or incompetance. I am serirously at my end with this issue and only see legal advice to be the best course of action.

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

The Ebay Id in Question is jersey..authentix. I have 4 ebay acounts. 2 have cleared and 2 have not. This after giving the same information for all

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

@mdf_jersey wrote:

I have been trying to complete my Payout sinse early June.  After numerous attempts I am getting nothing but a complete run around. Promising that this would be taken care of.  One rep said that they would handle this manually as they see all information have been given. Another rep say he will write a ticket to make my case priority. Im still waiting. 

I have gone as far as complained to the BBB for what I see is either deliberate or incompetance. I am serirously at my end with this issue and only see legal advice to be the best course of action.

tyler@ebay 

This is typical of the experience quite a few of us are having. While we can get a team leader to look at the case, all they can do is send internal tickets to other departments and it is taking way past an acceptable amount of time to get answers. I inquired about issues with general partnership registrations on the June 25th chat and @simeovivia0 was unable to get answers from compliance at that time despite this being what I now know was a known issue at the time that at least some of the managed payments team leaders are aware of and is effecting both US and Canadian sellers. I've yet to encounter a line level managed payments line level rep that was even aware of my issue nor were any of them even aware there is a test group of .com registered Canadian sellers being pushed through .com registration. 

It's baffling why there such a disconnect between departments. In the meantime as sellers we are getting bounced around between IT and trust and safety departments and just being given the canned script of wait 2-3 business days while nothing happens or we get replies to the internal tickets that have nothing to do with our issues and repeat the cycle again.

MDF_Jersey is owed 3K and has already literally provided information that has already been approved and verified on their other accounts. I'm owed 1.8K and climbing and am stuck at partial verification due entirely to issues on ebay's end rendering me unable to upload the required documentation.

I'd really like know management's position on why they think it is acceptable to activate payments for a seller account when they haven't even verified the account due to issues entirely on ebay's end. 

Thanks for continuing to forward seller concerns here, our frustrations do not lie with you.

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

A suggestion for those uf us who have multiple selling accounts.

Could eBay put the NAME of the account onto payout messages? I suppose I could work it out from the email address the notice is sent to, but again, this is a pretty easy fix for eBay.

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

Hope you don't mind but this is a non-related MP question? I'm not sure if this is in your wheelhouse or not but are the steady string of Add Item Specifics...Required or Suggested going to be neverending work in progress with eBay?

I've had a number of categories with certain listings come up multiple times requiring updates since this all started. We are still unable to see if something is missing from the listing. It can only be done with the tool after the fact. This requires either having the listing open in another window, locating the item amongst an entire collection or doing a deep dive with google in the hopes of tracking down this phantom information.

In many cases as reported by sellers on both dot ca and dot com much of this information is either not available or applicable especially for sellers selling OOAK items like antiques. The new one....Manufacturer date. Unknown is NOT an option. Clicking Do not show again just causes these items to reappear the next time a new field is added/modified(And/or if you happen to use end early or sell similar).

This so called improvement is causing sellers many hours of work to resolve these situations with no noticable benefits. I've actually seen a substanial drop in business since this began. The additional worry is all this tampering with long running listings could potentially cause inadvertent NAD's.

-Lotz

PS. I had a listing appear this morning requiring an update(It's now in scultures & figurines 402649181125). It  had been updated  last night. The % wheel when it was created was at 100% with multiple fields filled in. This morning it's at 25%.

PS#2. Character is the most annoying requirement of the lot.

PS#3. Grading/Certification are also causing major grief. Most sellers are NOT professional graders. They are just trying to sell their collection to pay some bills.

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

@reallynicestamps 

tyler@ebay 

Are there still answers/followups in the works for the June 23rd session regarding MP & etc's? There appear to be a few stragglers.

-Lotz

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

When we use eBay labels for small packet USA which does not have tracking, a number(an invoice number?) IS automatically entered in the tracking number field.   When we click on that number it shows that tracking number has been provided but of course it doesn't update since the number has nothing to do with tracking.  So to the buyer it looks like the item was never shipped since they don't know that the package doesn't have tracking.  It makes the seller and eBay look shady.

Could you please have the eBay labels team fix this as soon as possible. I don't know if this is unique to small packet  USA or if it also happens with small packet international.

There is a thread problem about this with examples.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Ebay-erroneously-telling-US-buyers-that-a-Canada-Post-re...

Thank you

Message 15 of 28
latest reply

@skorpiius wrote:

I'm currently blocked from revising my ads because I missed the deadline for managed payments, but when I go to the link it suggests I go to to set up the payments it says I have to wait to be invited. I think the issue stems from having an account that predated the .ca website and accidentally starting the managed payment registration process using a link the .com side emailed me a couple of months ago. ( I stopped that process once it was saying my default address was my canadian address + ", USA"). This blocking happened on the app weeks ago and I talked to a CSR who said they changed me from a us to canada account, but now I'm blocked on the app AND on the website as of a week ago. Help.

Hi @skorpiius  - I'm sorry to hear you've run into so many roadblocks with this. Unfortunately I'm not able to assist with payments-related issues and have to point you back to request a call back from a payments-trained teammate. 

For your context - it was not necessary to change your registration site. Many times if a teammate does so it pushes you back to the old payments system and kicks you back to a 'pending invite' situation. The block should also be removed I believe, but has to be done by one of that team. 

I will make sure appropriate coaching is given to the teammates involved. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 16 of 28
latest reply

@portfelt wrote:

Why have I been denied registering to sell with your new program? Its been 5 weeks, 7 calls to support and nothing but lame excuses.

Hi @portfelt - we activate accounts into the new payments system in batches, which means you will eventually receive a notice to register. Until then, however, you would continue to receive payments via PayPal. 

If we aren't ready to activate your account into the new program, there isn't a lot that Customer Support can do to hasten that. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 17 of 28
latest reply

@hlmacdon wrote:

Can we get a representative from Ebay Canada management to come on and explain why there are so many issues with onboarding people of late? The amount of issues people are having and the amount of poor advice being given out about managed payments by managed payments reps is very concerning. Sellers are being pushed through a process when ebay doesn't even have their own ducks in a row internally. There are people that have been stuck for weeks or over a month with their money in limbo land. It's insulting to keep receiving more messages about further restrictions for not completing registration when you are stuck waiting for internal departments to get their act together so we can do just that. There needs to be a properly documented internal process with clear escalation points and in my experience it is very clear that is not in place.  

Not acceptable.

Hi @hlmacdon - I agree that the experience some members are having is unacceptable. I've been escalating those situations as I see them reported on the boards. 

As to whether or not someone from the Payments team or upper management will come to the boards to address those things, I can't make you promises. I will, however, make sure that it's requested and that the context around why the request is being made is shared too.

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 18 of 28
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Two of my accounts are in Managed Payments and although I have been paid by my customers, no money has been put in my accounts.

I'm working on the problems-- and there is a different problem for each account-- but I need reassurance that eBay is Holding my payments and that they will be transferred to my banks when these problems are resolved.

Hi @femmefan1946 - as long as you haven't set up an incorrect (but extant) bank account your money can't go anywhere but stay with us until we have a working link to get it to you.

Once the problems are resolved you should receive your payout within the normal processing time for your bank (from what I've seen on the boards this varies by the institution, but usually 1-2 business days).

Tyler,
eBay
Message 19 of 28
latest reply

@esclyons wrote:

I would like to know where, our seller protection is, when it comes to charge backs, ..I am seeing case after case being lost, to the scammers/ buyers, who claim don't unauthorized transaction,  and they are receiving a full refund and keeping the item.. Even when a seller provides tracking showing item has been received..

The usa boards are full of these cases, leaving the seller high and dry..  I realize the canned answer is the bank, is responsible for the charge backs,  but it is ebay that is supposed to be protecting us from the bad buyers.. I know when paypal managed our money, i never lost a charge back, when i had tracking..

Perhaps ebay, needs to use a different description on the credit card statement, so buyers can recognize the transactions, instead of just disputing them, .. and at least make the buyer return the item before refunding, them any money..

Hi @esclyons - details on the protections we offer you from payment disputes is here. As you know, ultimately the decision rests with the financial institution, but for what it's worth I have made sure that the suggestion to update the financial statement wording to be more clear about the purchase has been shared. 

If you have a dispute that you need input with please request a contact from a payments-trained teammate so they can review and assist. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 20 of 28
latest reply