15% Off Purchases March 20th - share with your friends

This topic was posted in the eBay.com USA forums.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/15-Off-Purchases-March-20th-share-with-your-friends/m-p/282633...

eBay 15% off promotion for tomorrow, March 20th (9am PST - 7pm PST)

$25 minimum purchase, up to $50 savings, one time use only.

Share with you friends and buyers.  All the details can be found here:

https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/0320/7019.html

Seems similar to the recent 25% off buying promo.

I also posted this topic in Buyer Central so both buyers and sellers might see it.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: 15% Off Purchases March 20th - share with your friends

Thanks for posting.  I don't understand why we so often have to find out about these promotions in a roundabout way.  There should be an announcement visible to all eBay members (maybe there is but I don't know where to look!)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

It’s usually at the top of the front page. And emailed. But too often we become accustomed to ignoring those emails from eBay because, to me, 95 per cent do not contain any part of a carrot to shop. They’re like the ones that say, “You looked at this for 0.3 seconds so here’s a totally similar (but not really) item from some shady seller who’s selling it for less!”

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@momcqueenwrote:
It’s usually at the top of the front page. And emailed. But too often we become accustomed to ignoring those emails from eBay because, to me, 95 per cent do not contain any part of a carrot to shop. They’re like the ones that say, “You looked at this for 0.3 seconds so here’s a totally similar (but not really) item from some shady seller who’s selling it for less!”

Thanks M.   My default page on both eBay.ca and .com is Active Listings.  Today I only had .com open and there was a red notice on the top of the page,  "Everywhere you look, it's Spring", with 20% off Home and Garden.  When I switched to .ca, I saw the 15% off promotion, with no e-mail however.  I will have to be more observant!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Thanks for posting.  I don't understand why we so often have to find out about these promotions in a roundabout way.  There should be an announcement visible to all eBay members (maybe there is but I don't know where to look!)

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@momcqueenwrote:

Thanks M.   My default page on both eBay.ca and .com is Active Listings.  Today I only had .com open and there was a red notice on the top of the page,  "Everywhere you look, it's Spring", with 20% off Home and Garden.  When I switched to .ca, I saw the 15% off promotion, with no e-mail however.  I will have to be more observant!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I noticed it this afternoon whilst I was looking at one of my items.

Very very oddly, my sales were solid up until noon today (the time when it started) and have gone almost quiet since!!!

I would have expected some of my regulars to be participating, in fact one purchased something this morning that would have qualified....  about 4 hours before the discount started....

So I would say that buyers for sure didn't notice it in advance either......

Too bad, I could use some extra larger sales..... maybe the next 5 hours will see something happening!!!

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

So far, I have two orders to pack and dispatch before the counters close tonight, both of which require me to locate some box that I haven't seen in months... or years. I'm happy for the sales but groaning at the effort required to pack these orders, especially since I slipped and fell on an icy patch of driveway yesterday. Ouch and double ouch. Also woohoo. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@ricarmicwrote:

So I would say that buyers for sure didn't notice it in advance either......

Too bad, I could use some extra larger sales..... maybe the next 5 hours will see something happening!!!

If many sellers, like myself, didn't notice this, I'm sure there are many more buyers who don't know about this.  Sellers check their eBay sites regularly throughout the day ..... whereas most buyers, who are not also sellers, likely only log on occasionally.

Good luck.  As you said, you've still got a few hours!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@ricarmicwrote:

Very very oddly, my sales were solid up until noon today (the time when it started) and have gone almost quiet since!!!

Same experience. To date ebay coupons have been remarkably ineffectual in increasing my sales. Ebay sales for the 20th = $30 USD.  Sales elsewhere = just over $700. The promotions are visible for users visiting the site/listing pages but outside of that they don't seem to be driving much traffic to the site outside of various deal groups that are targeting the coupons against items that are rarely discounted. Timing-wise the coupon is terrible given shopping patterns, but I suppose that is the point, to boost revenue on slower days.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Wow what a backwards experience it was for me too....

I had several sales before it started, one sale (not of the level to qualify on its own) the whole duration of the sale, and things have been very quiet since it finished.

My (stamp) world is a world of discretionary spending, it is possible those who knew of the sale were buying more important discretionary things they've been watching like TVs etc instead, although the coupon's max value was $50 (=$333.33 list cost of item).

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

And again for March 27 on eBay.CA a 15% buyers promo for most categories until 11pm Eastern Time.  eBay must have end of month sales target they need to reach. $25us is about $35cdn

How to redeem your Coupon

1. Shop for eligible items. (See below for exclusions.)

2. Pay for your item by 11PM Eastern Time on March 27, 2018

3. Enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field: PREPSPRING

Terms & Conditions

The Coupon is a 15% discount, valid from 3:00PM ET on March 27, 2018 until 11:00PM ET on March 27, 2018. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of eligible item(s) of US $25 or more and will be capped at a value of US $50. Only eBay members registered with an address located in the United States or Canada are eligible for the Coupon. Eligible items exclude items from the Coins & Paper Money, Gift Cards & Coupons, and Real Estate categories. Coupon can be used once within a single transaction (or cart), while supplies last. Any unused difference between the discount amount, as shown on the Coupon, and the purchase price of an item(s) in a single transaction (or cart) will be forfeited.

Coupon is subject to Canadian and laws, void where prohibited, not redeemable for cash, has no face value, and cannot be combined with any other Coupon, or when paying with PayPal Credit Easy Payments or Gift Cards. eBay

Message 10 of 10
latest reply