About to start Selling again info.

I am about ready to start selling again now that the fishing season is about over. 

I have been reading the Shippo Threads and it does not sound good.

Seems like I better stick to PayPal.

Comments perhaps???????????????

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I have yet to get Shippo to work for me.

The few times I got close, the price was no different than SnapShip (Canada Post) so I've been sticking with them.

But .

I mostly use LetterPost/LightPacket shipping and have an almost endless supply of mint postage stamps, so I have little reason to bother with either.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hi Ross, what do you fish for?  My DH likes salmon fishing in Chilliwack.  I think he has a couple of more weeks of fishing. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@rosscd57 wrote:

I am about ready to start selling again now that the fishing season is about over. 

There are people that will never ever use Shippo and there are people like me that use Shippo when it makes sense. There is a bit of a learning curve, and you have to have people at your post office/postal outlet who know what they are doing and who also know how to learn if what they are doing doesn't work. I'm lucky to have a postal outlet where the workers are well trained. So I've had no problems.

There are extra ebay discounts using Shippo for Expedited Parcel (Canada), Tracked Packet (USA) and Expedited Parcel (USA).

Both Shippo and PayPal currently have very good discounts for Small Packet Air for both the USA and International.

Labels for Light Packet are no longer available online (you can still get over-the-counter).

And for the month of October, Canada Post has free Tuesdays. One free parcel using Expedited or Xpresspost to a Canadian address when the label is bought using Snap Ship on Tuesday (local time). Solutions for Small Business membership and credit card required.

-..-

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@rosscd57 wrote:

Comments perhaps???????????????

I am leery of Shippo as there still seems to be problems with postal outlets accepting the shipping label. I really like Snap Ship, Canada Post's offering. Super simple to use and I have never had a issue with printing labels, or with Canada Post outlets accepting the packages. Not sure if Shippo or PayPal has better rates, I am sure others can chime in. Snap ship seems to give a good discount on expedited shipping if that helps.

Snap Ship

Message 5 of 5
latest reply