Account Restricted

I am having a problem understanding ebay policies ref restricting seller accounts... I recently had my seller account restricted because Trust and Safety department of ebay noticed activity that could harm the community. I have asked a number of times why my account was restricted and ebay will not provide me an answer. I deal mostly with mobile devices. I am new to ebay and I have managed to ship 7 packages... I was starting to move product when I had a bunch of buyers not actually provide payment, so I cancelled their orders. Why waste my time, honest buyers time, only to support the bad behaviour of the dishonest buyer. I have approx $1500 that wont be released until ALL shipments have been proved delivered. I have provided all of the tracking information as requested but they still wont re-instate my account or transfer the funds to me. I am sadened, disheartened, and shocked by the treatment from ebay. I have served in the Armed Forces for 21 years and I am playing with second career ideas... logistics and service is what I am thinking about getting into, but after this experience, I don't know. Has anyone else gone thru the same "verification" and do they block ALL funds and demand you to provide proof of delivery? Doesn't ebay have a shipping department that does that? why am I wasting my time writing this... this thread will be blocked no doubt. but, has anyone been treated like this before? 

IMG_5651.jpeg

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Account Restricted

It may be because of you canceling orders.

The correct course of action if a buyer doesn't pay is to open a "Non paying buyer dispute"

eBay may also have looked at the feedback you leave.

Sellers can not leave negative feedback.

And leaving negative comments with a posotive rating is also a violation.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Judging from you recently solds only, I can see a handful of higher value cell phones all sold the past week and nothing before with very low feedback. Thats red flags all around.

It's best to just listen to them and send the tracking numbers.

It looks like all of the sales we're over $200 value for the tracking number shouldn't be an issue.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I was starting to move product when I had a bunch of buyers not actually provide payment, so I cancelled their orders.

I agree it is likely the cancellation.

We can end a transaction as Unpaid when four days have passed.

We can even set this up to be automatic at 96 hours and one second.

If you cancelled before that, you got a Defect, depending on the reason you used.

Best bet would be to contact eBay through social media and beg for mercy

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that means giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

Oh dear.

Did you stop to wonder why sellers are not allowed to leave negative feedback?

I strongly suspect your eBay career is over.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply