Any insight on eBay Shipping Supplies account lack of inventory?

Am I the only one who goes to visit the Canadian eBay Shipping Supplies store and find they have no inventory? I had an item in my cart but it is now unavailable. Used contact seller button a few days ago but have not heard back.

Has anyone heard anything from anyone higher up as to what is happening?

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: Any insight on eBay Shipping Supplies account lack of inventory?

A paypal agreement change has nothing to do with no shipping supplies.

Ayden is the company involved in ebay's managed payments beta test.

Message 21 of 49
latest reply

Response from Shipping Supply store email:

We hope this note finds you well. In response to your inquiry, after reviewing our storefront it appears eBay is having a glitch and doesn't show any of the stock available although we have plenty at our warehouse. We sent an email out to the tech support team and are hoping all of the listings we had up previously will be reactivated shortly. We recently switched to eBay's managed payments platform per their request earlier in the week from using Paypal.com and when we did so the change essentially broke our eBay Canada store. Unfortunately, we had no prior knowledge from eBay or otherwise this part of our store would see any issues due to the payment methods being altered. 

There isn't a time frame for the issue to be solved as of yet however, eBay's technical team is working toward resolving the problem right away. Once it is confirmed as fixed we will end/relist all of the items in our Canada store so that you can place an order. Thank you for the opportunity to assist with this question. We hope this information is useful and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this problem may have caused for you. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our customer service team if we can provide further assistance. 

Sincerely, 

Jason Valcourt 
Customer Service Manager 
eBayXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Message 22 of 49
latest reply

Follow Up - Part 2

Hello, 

Thank you for the quick reply. In response to your inquiry, no problem at all on posting the details to the discussion board. At least all members viewing it will be aware of the issue we encountered. Unfortunately, we can't answer the follow up at this point. eBay checkout has caused quite a few problems and we've asked to switch back to accepting Paypal however, we aren't certain what the outcome will be to our request. We understand the preferred method of payment is normally Paypal and we weren't aware eBay payments was going to remove that service as an option entirely. 

We were hoping it would add additional avenues for payment and in turn help alleviate some of the confusion our buyer's have when using the eBay coupon via Paypal and how the final debit/credit appears. Thank you for the chance to clarify as best we can at this time and we hope this information is useful. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our customer service team if we can provide further assistance. 

Sincerely, 

Jason Valcourt 
Customer Service Manager 
eBayshippingsupplies 

Message 23 of 49
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@momcqueen wrote:
Possibly related:
https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2018/11/1541384529.html

eBay moved the shipping supplier into its managed payment system...

If that's true, then that means NO SHIPPING to Canada -- one of the beta test restrictions for managed payments.

speak_no_evil

-..-

I could be wrong but I seem to remember that in a video  from the eBay open they  said that they would be taking international payments but that the buyer had to shop on .com.  That would make sense as to why the listings here disappeared.  That version of their store was only visible on this site as they only shipped to Canada.

Message 24 of 49
latest reply

This is not a terribly encouraging development.
Message 25 of 49
latest reply

Mind change. 

Message 26 of 49
latest reply

Well this is good for a chuckle of the day. This shows how well though out this beta test has been when they request a vendor partner to switch to manage payments and eBay's own restrictions completely break their store. Gold sticker goes to the genius in charge of this.

Message 27 of 49
latest reply

I'm wearing my optimist hat today....

The poor ebay canada supplies store folks are going to help work out at least some of the bugs before it gets forced on us......

I'm lucky because I spent my coupon already and I don't "care" till January now.....

Message 28 of 49
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

The issue with missing inventory in the Shipping Supplies store has been resolved. You are able to redeem your voucher and purchase eBay Branded shipping supplies here.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and for your patience while a solution was found!

***Edit*** changed hyperlink to updated URL.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 29 of 49
latest reply

This happens to me (and still does).  If I click on that link right now, no items are displayed.  To correct this I click on "Items for Sale", then on the right hand side of the screen I make sure "Shipping to" is set to Canada and not a USA Zip code (like mine defaults to).

Message 30 of 49
latest reply

I suspect the simplest way would be to open a brand new store, that looks exactly like the old one, but does not use the managed payments plan.

Easier than waiting until the original store is de-glitched anyway.

Message 31 of 49
latest reply

A brand-spanking new store.

.... Oh wait, that’s a pun.
Message 32 of 49
latest reply

That link goes to a dead page?? I need to use my coupon by Dec end, any way to get it up and running?

Message 34 of 49
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

Hi everyone - 

The issue with missing inventory in the Shipping Supplies store has been resolved. You are able to redeem your voucher and purchase eBay Branded shipping supplies here.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and for your patience while a solution was found!

Still links to a dead page.

Message 35 of 49
latest reply

Message 36 of 49
latest reply

Also be certain you have Canada set as your primary address especially if you have looked at the rates recently to ship to any other country on someone else's listing.

And maybe 'follow' the shipping supplies store so they are easily found afterwards.

Message 38 of 49
latest reply

Hello there, this happened to me last year and I ended up losing the $70 credit as it expired before the store got product. Which is really **bleep**py, as that is one of the reasons I keep my store (I don't really sell enough to justify it, and the packaging credit almost makes it worth my while).

Rec'd my most recent credit and the same thing has happened. Actually there is a package of tape for $45...

I am curious how many people forfeited their shipping credit because of lack of supplies? 

Message 39 of 49
latest reply