Anyone else with US buyers having trouble purchasing/paying ?

Just lately I've had some US potential buyers not being able to purchase because ebay is telling them I don't ship to US.  I know my listings show that I do; in fact, they wouldn't even see my listing on the .com site if I didn't ship there.

Sometimes removing Immediate Payment will make things right but not always. And there shouldn't be any trouble anyhow.

Anyone else having problems with this happening?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Looks like a few of your listings are generating the dreaded  "Shipping cost cannot be calculated. Please enter a valid postal code" error message . 

I browsed these three 123748954370 123766667153 123745040964 with my location set to United States 90210 and experienced the above red error  message when viewing the Shipping details tab. Without a valid shipping quote being generated by the calculator an American buyer would of course be unable to proceed through checkout.

Many of your other listings I browsed did not generate the error and calculated shipping quotes as expected. Sorry, to say it appears your listings are hit and miss in this regard. You will probably need to go through all your listings one by one to identify which ones are generating the error and try to figure out why this is happening. 

Personally, I have about given up using calculated shipping because of the random appearance of this error over the last couple of years. Hopefully in your case there is an obvious fix to this frustrating problem. Good luck.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for your reply and for taking the time to look into the problem.

I see one of my listings, at least, is for a set of flatware.  I think the problem there is that flatware is quite heavy but I can fit a whole set into a 10x4x4 in. box.  I'll go over those ones to see what I can do.

Maybe I should just put in a flat rate, at least for small packet.  And possibly remove Immediate Payment - that's another thing that sometimes causes problems.

Anyhow, I'll check out and change what I can to make things go more smoothly.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@pheasantvillecollectables519 

When I use a US location, I don't see that you don't ship to the US but I do see a message that shipping can't be calculated for about 14 of your listings. To see what I'm seeing, change your search view to price plus shipping - lowest, go into one of your listings, click on the shipping tab, change your location to the US with a US zip - 92210 works and click on see rates. Then click on see other listings and scroll down to the bottom. When the shipping cost isn't working, those listings go to the end of the list.

The most common cause for this problem is that the dimensions and/or weight you have entered does not fit within the parameters Canada Post gives for that service. ..the problem is usually that the dimensions are too small.

Minimum dimensions for US services:

Small packet -14cm x 9cm x 1mm

Tracked Packet - 14cm x 9cm x 1mm

**Expedited USA -21 cm x 1 4cm x 5mm 

Xpresspost USA - 21cm x 14cm x 1mm

Each of those numbers must be the same or higher than what has been given. For example, a measurement of 22cm x 10cm x 19cm won't work for Expedited US because that second number must be 14 or higher.

**Note that the expedited dimensions within Canada can be smaller so the calculator may work for within Canada but not the US.

If this doesn't seem to be the problem, please give us the service being used, dimensions and weight for one of your smaller items that isn't showing the shipping cost such as your the candles  and for one of your heavier items. (flatware)

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

If your flatware is listed as being in a 26 x 11 x 10 box then that's the problem if you are using expedited US. Change it to 25 x 14 x10.  It should work then.   You don't have to change the box, just the dimensions on your listing.  It's best to use metric.

forgot to post the link  to CP

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGpsus_int-e.asp#1395540

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you very much!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply