Can you add name to ebay label after printed?

I have a guest buyer that didn't put a full name on their purchase. If they respond to add a last name, can I pencil that in after the label is printed? If not, is just a first name okay?
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Can you add name to ebay label after printed?

Do not alter the shipping label, because it might be invalidated if you do. Add an additional address label next to the shipping label. It's what I am always doing, because I do not have confidence to the miniature shipping label addresses. 

It's how it looks like: 

IMG_3077.jpg

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

@teenytrinkets wrote:

I have a guest buyer that didn't put a full name on their purchase. If they respond to add a last name, can I pencil that in after the label is printed? If not, is just a first name okay?

What are your concerns about the shipping label only having the buyer's first name on it?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The name is irrelivent

You can post an item with 

Pricess Doggie 

1234 Bone Lane

If You Wish

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

My only concern is that the full name was cut off. First name is there, which should be fine - but wondering what everyone else does if there's an obvious error or omission (as opposed to a funny/unusual name or initials).

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Unless you're getting something like a signature confirmation, the name probably shouldn't matter.  I barely even look at the name or address when sending tracked.  I do check addresses when sending via lettermail.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

There still is a risk that the last courier won't deliver the item if identity can't be confirmed (incomplete or frivolous identity), like if they leave a pick up note. You should not take a chance, so another home made label beside the original label one would be a good idea.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply