Can you ship perfume by mail?

I have some expensive collector perfume that I want to sell.   Can we ship it by mail?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

marnotom!
Community Member

What about eau de toilette?  I was thinking USPS only, not Canada.  Does the US have the same rule for eau de toilette?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

You can use Parcel Select (ground) via USPS.

There may be some labelling rules as well so you need to study the info at USPS.com

Start here:

http://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c3_014.htm

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Perfume and eau de toilette both contain volative oils and alcohol which are considered a fire hazard.

They can be shipped by mail, but there are lots of restrictions.

Lots.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I've asked this question at multiple postal counters. The answer depends entirely on the person giving it. Technically, the correct answer is 'no'. In reality, many authorized dealer postal counter agent workers do not screen for it on acceptance (like they are supposed to) and unless your parcel breaks open during transit or explodes, Canada Post won't know what you mailed. 

Bottom line is that I would not. But I am a compulsive rule-follower. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not allowed.  I ordered one from USA and I got a letter from Custom Dept in British Columbia that they received it and opened it and destroyed it so I ended up losing the item and $$$!!  It is just not worth it unless you lie and put different product on the custom form, otherwise, it is \just not worth it.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

The OP is talking about shipping via USPS within the USA, a cross-border shipment is something entirely different primarily because international mail from the USA goes on an airplane.

These goods CAN be shipped domestically within the US if a surface method of shipping is used and there is no involvement with customs in that case.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I spoke to a person at Chit Chat's today and there is no problem taking perfume/eau de toilette over the border to the US to mail.  It just needs to be send by ground mail.  

Message 9 of 9
latest reply