Canada Post Expedited USA - size/weight change? Shipping cost cannot be calculated

I sell to Canada and USA only.  Today (Apr. 25/17) I noticed that the shipping calculator no longer provides a cost estimate for ALL of my 1KG ++ (calculated) listings that were set up to ship to the USA via Canada Post Expedited USA.  Instead I get "shipping cost cannot be calculated". My husband also sells on eBay (he uses Policies and I don't) and his 1KG++ listings are ALL showing the same message.  I do not believe this is a box measurement issue - they are all large (ie: 31/31/17).  Some of these listings have existed for several months, I only noticed the problem today so I don't know when it started.  Did I miss an announced change????

I called eBay, they had me click on the "Calculate" under 1 of my problem listings, and from there Canada Post Expedited USA was not one of the options for shipping a 2-3KG parcel in a 31/31/17 box.  Essentially I was told that it would have to ship Xpress Post because Canada Post has changed the Expedited service.  Please tell me it isn't so!!!

Before I call Canada Post to follow-up, I thought I would try here first.  Any information you could provide would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Canada Post Expedited USA - size/weight change? Shipping cost cannot be calculated

Just checked a couple of my listings and calculated appears to be working again and displaying the over the counter rates for tracked packet and expedited parcel.

Although I see I am going to have to adjust some listings since I thought Japan was a tracked packet destination.

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 23 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Wow, we're getting the exact same error on all of our larger items as well.  This better be a temporary glitch?

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

Just to be clear, the 31/31/17 are in cm?

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

The Canada Post website is still calculating Expedited Parcel USA as normal, so I can only assume that this is a glitch on eBay's end.

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

Yes, 31/31/ are cm

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

Sorry you're getting it too - but glad it's not just me ;).  You'd think eBay would know about this assuming it's a glitch, but certainly didn't seem to when I called this morning...

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

I'm curious how many this is affecting.   Several handles on our end certainly are.  Pretty big glitch, as people aren't likely to buy if the shipping costs won't calculate, right?  Hopefully they get it fixed soon! 

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

I just checked my one listing that offers Expedited Parcel USA, and it seems to be affected as well.
Message 8 of 35
latest reply

As I mentioned on the other thread, the shipping cost does show up in the search page but not when you click into the listing.  The information is not being transferred over for some reason.

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

That's strange. I could be remembering wrong, but I swear when my listings went live on Friday I went into the actual listings and checked that the shipping costs showed up for USA and it was fine. Considering the posts about this issue only popped up this morning, this must be a very recent glitch.
Message 10 of 35
latest reply

It could be recent and it seems to be affecting US listings when expedited and tracked packet is used.  It also seems to be affecting international listings using tracked packet.  If a seller is using Xpresspost as well as TP, the Xpresspost cost will show up, but not the TP cost.

Another seller noticed something similar a few weeks ago but it didn't seem to be showing on all listings at the time and was only happening on .com.  It's all very odd.

Message 11 of 35
latest reply

Not only is TP affected but it's all international TP affected, not just US. The only shipping costs I can see on my listings are for Canada.

This sucks.

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

Whoops, I just re-read your post and see that you did mention international TP was affected. Sorry.
Message 13 of 35
latest reply

We all need to call and complain. Otherwise, it'll never get fixed. It's not like we still have a point person from

ebay Canada hosting Weekly Chats we can count on. 

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

@thestuffofchris wrote:

Not only is TP affected but it's all international TP affected, not just US. The only shipping costs I can see on my listings are for Canada.

This sucks.

Exactly.

I'm getting:

"This item will ship to [country], but the seller has not specified shipping options. Contact the seller and request a shipping method to your location."

All of Europe, Japan and Australia are showing this message for tracked packet when viewed on ebay.ca and eBay.com and eBay.co.uk

Message 15 of 35
latest reply

This is a major problem for sales performance. 

Message 16 of 35
latest reply

Just checked another listing of mine and calculated Small Packet International does work, just Tracked Packet and Expedited Parcel as failures for me. The other shipping methods I use are fixed rate, and eBay hasn't screwed that up (yet).

Smiley Mad

Message 17 of 35
latest reply

I've been told that...

The ebay.CA team is aware of this problem and have engaged with the Shipping team to fix.

-..-

Message 18 of 35
latest reply

That's good news, though considering it's eBay I'm cautiously optimistic that it will be fixed sooner rather than later.
Message 19 of 35
latest reply

Me, too. Cost estimate for shipping to Canada works fine, but if I check for the U.S., I get:the message in red:

"Shipping cost cannot be calculated. Please enter a valid Postal Code".

All of my (93) listings are Expedited - I checked about 5 before I came here...

Message 20 of 35
latest reply