Canada Post: Free Shipping Tuesdays

I was dropping off a parcel at my local post office when the clerk informed me that "soon Canada Post will be offering all 'Solutions for Small Business' customers 1 free (domestic) Expedited shipment a month". I was surprised by this; I work as a Canada Post clerk myself, and was never informed of this new offer, nor have I received any official notification from Canada Post to my linked e-mail account.

When I got home I did a Google search, and sure enough, there IS a promotion from Canada Post coming soon - and it's even better than '1 free Expedited shipment a month', it's 1 free shipment a week, and can be either Expedited or Xpresspost. Although it seems to be just for the month of October.

freeshiptues.PNG

Link: https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/pages/freeship/default.page?icid=display|ddn|int|hero|269

Looking at the fine print it seems to be a promotion in support of "Small Business Month" (October).

Interesting nonetheless - I definitely won't say no to free shipping! I just hope I actually have something to ship out on those four days next month 😛

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Golly! -- with an auction coming up (our family business, not eBay) this will greatly interest our Auction Manager.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Golly! -- with an auction coming up (our family business, not eBay) this will greatly interest our Auction Manager.

Maximum of 5kg

Domestic only

Solutions for Small Business members only

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Does an old venture 1 member count as a solutions for small business member?
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

"Already have a Solutions for Small Business (or old VentureOne™) card "

Photobucket
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't say can use PayPal Shipping?

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Probably worth trying- but the two programs are separate.

The Solutions/VentureOne card is free at your PO. The clerk can give you a number on the spot and the card arrives soon after.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

It doesn't say can use PayPal Shipping?

Of course not! It's a Canada Post promotion not a Pitney-Bowes -> PayPal -> eBay promotion

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:
"Maximum of 5kg
Domestic only

Solutions for Small Business members only"

Oh well, foiled again.  Just when I thought I might get something for nothing.  

With under 5% of my sales to Canada, the chances of having a domestic sale to ship out on any given Tuesday in October are fairly slim to none.  

Hope the rest of you enjoy it -- I can't remember Canada Post ever offering such "freebies" before! 

P.S. Note that the promo page shown in the OP's post says you'll need to get the weekly promo code -- wherever that is to be found -- in order to take advantage of the free shipment.  

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

P.S. Note that the promo page shown in the OP's post says you'll need to get the weekly promo code -- wherever that is to be found -- in order to take advantage of the free shipment.  

It says 

1. Find your promo code on this page, every Tuesday in October.

so I guess everyone has to check back in to that page every Tuesday in October, assuming the promo is still in effect by then and workable codes appear for all to use.  I'm sure it will turn out to be just about THE best thing EVER, but I can't help think seeing is believing when it comes to us all getting something for nothing.   🙂 

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Can't use Paypal shipping for it but you CAN use Canada Post's online shipping. Actually, you apparently have to:

Free shipments must be processed using one the following CPC online tools: Express Order Entry or Electronic Shipping Tools (EST). Canada Post will provide a unique Promo Code to Eligible Members that must be entered at the time of shipment. Each Promo Code may only be used once.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Yep my postie informed me today I'm toast - because I put stamps on my boxes (I'm selling to stamp collectors who expect there to be stamps on the boxes)....no freebies for me!

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 17 of 17
latest reply