Free Tuesday Packages in October with Canadapost

The promotion is back again every Tueday in October 2019 with a Canadapost Small Business account  for 1 (one) free shipment anywhere in Canada by Expedited/Xpresspost up to 5 KG. You will receive a coupon code just prior to each Tueday and need a valid Credit Card for any additional options or weight overage. Sign up for alerts and see the rest of the details at Canadapost dot ca. 

Free Shipping Tuesdays are our way of thanking Canada Post Solutions for Small Business™ members with free shipping every Tuesday in October. Take advantage of our promotion, and we’ll even come pick up your package for free†.

Good luck everyone!! Hope you can take advantage of the special offer!!

-Lotz

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/business/shipping/free-shipping-tuesday.page?ecid=email_pdn_cd_250#...

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Free Tuesday PackaDges in October with Canadapost

If they keep it simple, like past years, the magic codes will be OCT1, OCT8, OCT15, OCT22, and OCT29

Message 2 of 36
latest reply

As I recall it was something like that. The trick was having a sale to a Canadian customer on a Tuesday. ANY sales are entirely random as of late. Regarding the email, it turned up in my Spam folder. Guessing somewhere either I or my system thought it was spam. That's why I always check whenever I see something showing in that folder...Just to be safe. The other option would be to make sure for important messages like that, if you can, be signed up with 2 email addresses.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 36
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does it include another payment method like PayPal or is it only credit cards?

Message 4 of 36
latest reply

@Anonymous 

Unfortunately only credit cards. Extra billing would only be applied if item was over 5 kgs, exceptions for certain beyond postal codes or additional insurance above 100.00.

Full list of exceptions canadapost.ca/flatratebox    

-Lotz

What payment options are available to me?

As a Solutions for Small Business customer, you can pay for Canada Post products and services using any major credit card. If you have an active postage meter, you can continue using Supplier Account as a method of payment where available.

Message 5 of 36
latest reply

“Come pick up the package for free”
Ye right!!!!
I took advantage of such coupon last time it was “free”
And kept getting an invoice to pay for the pickup until i just paid it...

It is worth if tho for the free shipping:) just be careful with the pickup there
Message 6 of 36
latest reply

@luckylegend 

If you have the opportunity to use it you can still always drop it off at a local depot(I do, so it gets scanned asap) .  Never really utilized the home pick up because you never know what time they will show up. Regarding being billed for a pickup if you called Canadapost directly they would have been able to clarify if there was a problem.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 36
latest reply

It was midwinter and I was lazy so assumed why not use free pick up.
It was 4$ and they really were super confused with that. So I just paid it and saved an hour of my life.

Just leaving it out there. If somebody has the time to call and clarify or argue if needed might be ok with it
Message 8 of 36
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

What a bummer!!  Don't you think it is HIGH TIME that Canada Post gets on board with PayPal?????

Message 9 of 36
latest reply

@Anonymous 

Very true. Just like some folks prefer to avoid credit cards, others choose to stay away from social media. Both can be bad in the wrong fingers!! 😉 Having options is always a good thing!!

-Lotz

Message 10 of 36
latest reply

I was so surprised I got a promo card in the mail yesterday! Again 5 Tuesdays to use the promo!

I had MAJOR issues last year trying to use the promo.  It's because I have an old small business account (about 17 years old!) that had been archived.  I could use the account at the counter, but when I tried to take advantage of the promo and use Snap Ship, I couldn't actually produce the shipping label (failed on the final step at payment).  Their tech support was completely useless, and it took WEEKS to get any resolution (and the resolution was basically that the account had been closed on the back end, and that was preventing the online shipping).  I had to speak to two managers and even programmers to find out that!

At the end of the day, I just ended up creating a new account (but you need to use a new email address and phone number, if you do that, because those items are unique and would trigger a duplicate account if used again).

i haven't actually used Snap Ship for the new account, so it should be interesting to see if it actually works this time or if somehow the account closure got tied to my name or address (in which case, I am screwed).  I am assured it's not, but I won't believe it until I can actually successfully print a label this year!!!

If anyone has issues that are not system wide, I suggest you call this number:  1-877-281-4137 - that is Canada Post's Data Solution Centre.  I've found their tech support and small business solutions customer service to be completely useless.  The rep I spoke to at the Data Solutions Centre told me that they are outsourced, and most are brand new staff with very little knowledge about more complicated system issues.  The Data Solutions Centre has more senior staff and they are very, very knowledgeable and helpful.

Message 11 of 36
latest reply

nice deal but havent sold anything for almost 2 weeks now... never happen before.. lots of scammers though..

Message 12 of 36
latest reply

Today's code is: OCT1

If you don't have a parcel to mail consider upgrading a lettermail item.

Or get a label to ship a parcel to friends, family or other. You do not need to send today, the label is good to use for at least 90 days, but you will do need to print or save the label as a PDF before 5 days is up.

-..-

Message 13 of 36
latest reply

Does anyone know if this applies to all types of shipping methods?   I chose Priority which I don't need but now I can't "undo" it and so far I've seen nowhere to punch in the free code.

Message 14 of 36
latest reply

It’s only for parcels shipped within Canada.
Message 15 of 36
latest reply

@hold-my-chawowah wrote:

Does anyone know if this applies to all types of shipping methods?   I chose Priority which I don't need but now I can't "undo" it and so far I've seen nowhere to punch in the free code.

Not for use with Shippo or PayPal.

You must be signed in to your Solutions for Small Business account on CanadaPost.CA

Undo? Snap Ship does allow you to go back to make changes.

The code is entered on the 3rd page of Canada Post's Snap Ship.

Code is only for Expedited parcel or XpressPost for Canadian shipments.

"Canada Post Solutions for Small Business members can ship one free package, anywhere in Canada. Use our promo code when creating a shipping label with Canada Post Snap Ship, and send a free package (up to 5kg) to any destination in Canada using our Xpresspost or Expedited Parcel services."

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/business/shipping/free-shipping-tuesday.page

Message 16 of 36
latest reply

Please remember, try to be patient creating your parcel. Due to the nature of this offer and number of folks trying to use, a lot at the same time, the Canada Posts server will be extremely busy. Possibly, moreso as the day goes on. Prior to printing make sure you have only inputted one (1) shipment. You will need to add valid credit card info prior to printing(Your credit card will only be charged for packages oversized or with additional billable services added). If you do see a duplicate shipment you need to delete  it before  hitting accept. When I attempted to use last night, the server was brutally slow. Goback DID create a duplicate transaction. Again, good luck one and all.

-Lotz

Message 17 of 36
latest reply

Learned that it only works for regular parcel and expedited.   The code won't take if you upgrade the method of shipping. 

Also, they have a nice new feature which fills in the address as soon as you punch in the buyer's name so that's nice.

However, the labels still don't print out the right size.   I had to manipulate the size because the label printed out at about 7 by 9 cm (2 by 4 inches).   Took a bit of trial and error but expanding to 130% yielded a  workable sized label.

(Ooops............ just saw someone said it works for Xpresspost too.)

Message 18 of 36
latest reply

Murphy’s Law and Free Shipping Tuesday’s. Used my free shipping to send something out early today. No sooner shipped when I get payment for an item that needs to go with tracking within Canada. Next time I’m waiting until late in the day before I decide which pkg to ship!

Message 19 of 36
latest reply

@msmaggie060 

Isn't that always the way. Was hoping my shipment would be to the faroff reaches of Canada and heavy as allowed. But no. Small and next province over. Free is free, so guess we can't look a gift shipment in the mouth.  🙂

Message 20 of 36
latest reply