Ebay Dropshipping

Any good beginner tips for dropshipping on ebay??

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Ebay Dropshipping

Good points from an experienced seller.

BTW- I like the Canadian flags on your photos, but did you notice that some say 'shiping' instead of 'shipping'. Easy mistake. I spent too many years copy editing not to get antsy about it. zipper_mouth

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

Ebay Dropshipping

Thanks for the tip. I am obviously not a copy editor.

@reallynicestamps If I would need help creating product description copywriting. Would that be something you would be interested in? I might be working on a Private label product at the start of next year and would be looking to outsource this part.

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

Ebay Dropshipping

Thank you for the offer.

I have moved on from non-fiction writing and am now concentrating on my second novel while the first makes the rounds. So much of my time is taken up in researching Lithuanian paganism and herbs.

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

Ebay Dropshipping

Second novel?! Tell us about the first. 

I was a reporter and editor in my youth, I could probably do what whatsales is asking. 

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

Ebay Dropshipping

Hello. I have been trying to get questions answered by those you mentioned on Youtube. And they are USA folks selling and dropshiping on Ebay. I am so glad I found this site because it would seem none of those sellers know much about selling in Canada on Ebay. I actually just about bought a course, which I am sure would help me to learn the ropes but really wouldn't be useful for how to here in Canada. 

Would you be able to tell me if you can dropship on Ebay.ca to the Canadain market and how to get started with this. So dropshipping through retail or wholesale. I have started to sell some items around my home so I can get to learn a bit. I also have bought off of Ebay many times. 

Thank you in Advance

Tina

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

Ebay Dropshipping

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2018!

You have responded to a very old thread in which any info may have become irrelevant, out dated and useless. Perhaps you should have started a new thread to draw attention to your own specific needs and request for help and assistance.. You may want to read the rules and policies for selling on eBay and aquaint yourself with the many pitfalls encountered by new/inexperienced sellers who engaging in poor selling practices such as the desire to engage in drop shipping which is not a good idea for any new or inexperienced seller.

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

Ebay Dropshipping

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Thank you for the offer.

I have moved on from non-fiction writing and am now concentrating on my second novel while the first makes the rounds. So much of my time is taken up in researching Lithuanian paganism and herbs.

@reallynicestamps 

Curious.... was the search on herbs due to the eBay Christmas present or a facination with people named Herb. If it's because of the first will you be giving a royalty on all book sales to eBay?

-Lotz

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

Ebay Dropshipping

@cvacation 

I suspect that dropshipping is less popular in Canada than in the US.  The sellers that I'm familiar with in Canada do not dropship, they buy and sell their merchandise. That is really the only way to keep control of inventory and the quality of the merchandise. eBay penalizes sellers for out of stock situations and for item not as described situations so unless you are very familiar with the supplier that you are buying from, dropshipping on ebay may not go well.  Keep in mind too that when you are dropshipping, you are competing with everyone else who is using the same dropshipper and perhaps also competing with the wholesaler. 

eBay does not allow sellers to dropship from retailers. You must have an arrangement with a wholesaler, not just post listings for items on other retailers websites.  If ebay suspects that you are doing that, you won't be allowed to sell here.

They will likely close this thread now since it is a few years old but you can start your own if you have more questions. I think that you will find that most sellers who read these boards do not dropship. 

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

Ebay Dropshipping

One of the characters grows herbs to sell to a travelling herbalist. Together they use her products, plus indigenous knowledge to drive out a murderous witch from a small town in Saskatchewan.

Now I'm working on vampire strippers.

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

Ebay Dropshipping

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 30 of 30
latest reply