FYI "Sale Confirmed" email messages are MIA today....

I've received none since last night, 4 sales so far today first one at 9:42 ET, so it looks like something broke when the year flipped!

Mostly just an annoyance but I thought it worth posting....

(PS paypal payment messages are fine.....and arriving)

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Well, it is a holiday ... computers know this. 

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@ricarmic 

As an FYI just had first order of 2020 with associated email. Shortly thereafter a request to cancel. Customer ordered wrong item?!?!?  Fortunately, no payment. It's possible the email thing is entirely random. We shall see.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I really only bother with the Paypal ones.  I've got shipping set up for all the places I want to ship to, and rarely use Auctions, so being paid is the only part that is important.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

i've sold 6 items,today,  and sold notices were immediate,  at least for me they are business as usual for a change.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

That is interesting, I still am not getting any.

I'm on Rogers, I wonder if rogers is blocking them for some reason.

I am getting all the other normal listed, scheduled notifications for new items, it is only the sold notifications I'm missing....
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Mine are missing too.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I've realized whilst it is not working, I have to keep an eye on my "unpaid" column incase someone is waiting for me to send an invoice because traditionally I know of sales via the email message arriving, now I don't know.

(Canadian folks often do especially if they've purchased on .com, presumably waiting to see if I'm going to charge them taxes).
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

I've received none since last night, 4 sales so far today first one at 9:42 ET, so it looks like something broke when the year flipped!

Mostly just an annoyance but I thought it worth posting....

(PS paypal payment messages are fine.....and arriving)

Hi @ricarmic - thanks for starting this thread. I've gotten confirmation that this is being investigated as a technical issue and I've added everyone here to the open ticket. Hoping to see this corrected quickly!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Thanks Tyler, my messages are still not coming through today and still missing yesterdays.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

All of mine are still MIA as well....
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Thanks for updating me!

Tech has come back and requested example item numbers (an item that sold and you haven't received an email notification for). Hopefully that will help them isolate where things are breaking down. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Here are 4 recent ones (I am assuming they don't need more let me know if they do):
201084453583, 381645615731, 201564445035, 202533527036

Because it isn't affecting everyone it might be the ISP blocking them, I'm using Rogers (Yahoo) email.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Thanks Ric! 4 should be plenty, I would think. I appreciate it!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Good news, at 5:04 PM last night they resumed, I've received them for everything since then. None of the MIA ones but that is no problem anyway!

Message 15 of 15
latest reply