Failed PAYOUTS

I have been a power seller for years and top rated.  I have not received ONE CENT in 6 weeks from Ebay because of their issues with banks.

I have called 6 times and it has been the poorest customer service I have ever seen.  

I have paused my 4200+ listings, Ebay owes me hundreds and my customers have all paid yet I have not received one cent so will NOT BE SHIPPING a thing and haven't.

THIS IS FRAUD  and Ebay does not care one bit about it's sellers.

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Failed PAYOUTS

marnotom!
Community Member
What financial institution are your payouts supposed to be deposited to? Are you using a chequing account for your payouts? Does the name associated with your bank account match what you gave eBay? Is your other registration info correct, particularly your birthdate?
Message 2 of 28
latest reply

Failed PAYOUTS

I'm in much the same position, but have had some success dealing with the Chat staff.

I like that the entire conversation is recorded and a copy of the Chat is sent to my email.

There are also good reports  of the Facebook and Twitter staff.

https://twitter.com/askebay
https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

And of course you can ask tyler@ebay  in the Wednesday chat. There are already a couple of similar questions there today.

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

Failed PAYOUTS

hlmacdon
Community Member

Yep, and in many cases these are existing bank accounts people were already using with paypal. If they have the correct account owner name, account, branch, and transit numbers there are zero excuses for not paying.

Ebay needs to explain why compliance is withholding money.

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

Failed PAYOUTS

If Compliance is withholding money, why would it be so selective about it? Why would only some sellers have issues getting payouts?

I’m more inclined to think that for whatever reason, some financial institutions are having difficulty recognizing the deposit information from Adyen. It would be interesting and useful to see if particular financial institutions are having these difficulties.
Message 5 of 28
latest reply

Failed PAYOUTS

How do you know it isn't your bank having a problem?

OK, so you think the eBay support is the "poorest", you've spoken to them 6 times, what have they said? what have they told you might be the issue?

Tens of thousands (or more) Canadian sellers have signed up for Managed Payments over the past year or so, the vast majority have had no issues so I can only assume that the issue is specific to your bank and/or the way you registered and set up Managed Payments.

The important thing is to get whatever issue is causing the problems fixed not play a blame game.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 28
latest reply

Failed PAYOUTS

@hlmacdon wrote:

Yep, and in many cases these are existing bank accounts people were already using with paypal. If they have the correct account owner name, account, branch, and transit numbers there are zero excuses for not paying.

Ebay needs to explain why compliance is withholding money.

It's kinda too bad for the folks having these major nightmares with completing enrollment and getting paid there wasn't some sort of undo button until things were figured out. Even though many may have preferred to stay the course with the old system they just want to move on and get paid....As advertised.

Another way of putting would be calling it accountability.

I'm fairly confident sellers would not do something on purpose to hold up getting paid especially when they may have heard all the reports.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

Failed PAYOUTS

I have been Ok with the payouts so far.   I am paid in US $ to my Cdn US $ account and it has been working like clockwork.  I still get the banner that I need to to update my account details but I have had it all deposited. 

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

Failed PAYOUTS

byto253
Community Member

One thing I am not clear on from the original post is if any of the items paid for were shipped?   Are you waiting for the funds to be in your bank before shipping?  If so, that may be the issue.    Not saying I agree with it as if you have daily payouts and a 3,4 or 5 day handling time the funds transfer can easily occur before the handling time expires.

Does anyone know for certain if the MP policy is that an item must be shipped before funds are released for transfer?    

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

Failed PAYOUTS

shipping has absolutely nothing to do with payments..Unless perhaps you are a brand new seller, there may be some type of hold on those payments, there used to be with paypal.

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

Failed PAYOUTS

@byto253 wrote:

One thing I am not clear on from the original post is if any of the items paid for were shipped?   Are you waiting for the funds to be in your bank before shipping?  If so, that may be the issue.    Not saying I agree with it as if you have daily payouts and a 3,4 or 5 day handling time the funds transfer can easily occur before the handling time expires.

Does anyone know for certain if the MP policy is that an item must be shipped before funds are released for transfer?    

According to the MP help notes:

Orders and shipping

You should ship as soon as you see the "Awaiting shipment" status on the Manage Orders - opens in new window or tab page in Seller Hub, or "Ready to Ship" in My eBay, even if you haven't received payment to your chequing account. Don't worry, we'll only display this status once we've confirmed the buyer's order.

There are no changes to the current shipping label program. If you use a third-party shipping platform or are managing labels on your own, you may continue to do so.

Only leeway would be a seller's handling time.

-Lotz

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

Failed PAYOUTS

@esclyons wrote:

shipping has absolutely nothing to do with payments..Unless perhaps you are a brand new seller, there may be some type of hold on those payments, there used to be with paypal.

^^^^ This

I get payouts every week that incude funds for orders not yet shipped (I have 5 day handling and for at least some order use the full 5 days).

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 12 of 28
latest reply

Failed PAYOUTS

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

I'm fairly confident sellers would not do something on purpose to hold up getting paid especially when they may have heard all the reports.

-Lotz

Don't be! Quite a few people have posted that they filled in the (OPTIONAL) SIN field with all zeros or random made up numbers which of course caused their registration to fail.

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

Failed PAYOUTS

@recped wrote:

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

-Lotz

Don't be! Quite a few people have posted that they filled in the (OPTIONAL) SIN field with all zeros or random made up numbers which of course caused their registration to fail.

Many sellers since the inception of MP when filling out the "application" were under the impression  that SIN was mandatory. Doesn't mean they were comfortable including. As mentioned by Tyler the form was very recently updated to "optional". This entirely depends on when the seller applied. Like they say milage may vary. Truth be told when I filled out the form 4 months ago I really don't remember what it actually stated. I checked and double checked to make sure I was filling in all the blanks appropriately. For the sellers that filled it in with 0's, variations or left it blank they were just trying to get to page 2 and crossing fingers everything would work. I was just shocked when ticker tape didn't fall from the sky when I completed mine. 🎉

-Lotz

PS. We still have to consider the fact that there are some sellers that tried to enroll in MP weeks ago that are still trying to get things straightened out with limited success. They just want to get paid. Bonus for everyone where things went smoothly and welcome to the other side!!!

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

Failed PAYOUTS

Thanks, I wasn't sure about that.

Message 15 of 28
latest reply

Failed PAYOUTS

I've had zero issues with the payouts since they started. They cash me out on Tues, and it's always in my account (RBC) by Weds. morning. I would HATE to be in your shoes, as this money I count on big time right now!

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

Failed PAYOUTS

Do not call.  Use the chat feature, you will get a transcript emailed after.  Always be polite and let the eBay reps explain.  They will likely give you mixed answers.  Once you have enough transcripts contact CAFC (Canadian Anti-Fraud Agency) google them, call they will help you.

However you can only use them for help if you are selling legitmately (eBay is reportable income)

If you are not following Canadian tax laws then calling is only going to get you into trouble.

There's help available for honest sellers from good people  

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

Failed PAYOUTS

I have the same problem with payout it's been nearly 4months and not one person at the payout number knows what I should do everytime I call they ask me to enter my banking information again and again and again I'm frustrating and frankly upset now I don't know what else to do 4 months of time spent on the phone trying to explain over and over its sending crazy, I work full-time plus have to deal with this, I have a death pile that I refuse to list because I don't know when or if this situation would be fix, someone please help. If any one knows a number for higher uppers in eBay that I can take my problem to please let me know. Thanks
Message 18 of 28
latest reply

Failed PAYOUTS

Have you doublechecked the personal information on your Managed Payments account and compared it to your bank account.  Everything must be identical...name, date of birth address..

You are listing on .com....is your payout currency in $C or $US?

Is your bank account in Canadian or US$ and is it at a Canadian bank?

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

Failed PAYOUTS

I have been at this since March. From the numerous conversations with EBay and the Royal Bank, it's the ACH Transfer that is the problem. Most banks won't accept an ACH into a personal chequing or savings account, so if you aren't a registered business with a business account, your not going to be receiving the payouts. I still have not been able to resolve this and EBay is absolutely no help.  
they pretend nothing is a problem meanwhile all off the sellers are out of pocket.  

Message 20 of 28
latest reply