HELP! Buyer requested return as she stated 1 track skips. WWYD?

Buyer requested return as she stated that 1 track skips.  I check all CD's for errors but sometimes on different machines it could skip.  I don't want it back, she can keep it, I don't have any more.  Do I just credit her with the full amount (CD plus shipping), do I offer her a reduction on the CD?  WWYD and how would you word it?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In situations like this, anything you salvage at this point is a bonus, I'd say something like this:

Thank you for your note and letting me know about the issue with the CD. I do my best to check for problems with them before listing but sometimes issues may turn up when playing on different types of machines. Does it have any value to you as it is? If it does, please let me know what value it has in it's current state to you and I will refund the difference ASAP. Thank you again for contacting me so I can work with you regarding this and I hope you have a great evening!

So the addendum is if they say "no value" then I'd refund 100% if it were me.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

In situations like this, anything you salvage at this point is a bonus, I'd say something like this:

Thank you for your note and letting me know about the issue with the CD. I do my best to check for problems with them before listing but sometimes issues may turn up when playing on different types of machines. Does it have any value to you as it is? If it does, please let me know what value it has in it's current state to you and I will refund the difference ASAP. Thank you again for contacting me so I can work with you regarding this and I hope you have a great evening!

So the addendum is if they say "no value" then I'd refund 100% if it were me.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

As always, you give the absolute best advice.  Thanks so much.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Let us know what happens!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Just give them a full refund. No need to play games about partials.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

This is a relatively new buyer to ebay.  I sent the message and she just wanted a refund, which I did.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I'd send them this message:
"Sorry for the inconvenience.  Since you state this item is defective, I will gladly issue a complete refund as soon as I get a picture of the cd cut/broken in parts."

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

If the CD has little value to me, I fully refund the customer.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply