HOW is it a buyer can leave multiple neutrals or negs for same transaction?

i mean i sold a guy about 40 cards, multiple lots all one single transaction. so how is he able to leave me like 10 plus neutrals even though only ONE card lot i didnt have? he should only be able to leave me 1 neutral or negative because he got the rest of the order fine.....????

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

A buyer can only leave one feedback per item purchased.

This makes sense because there might be good and bad items in the same combined item purchase (aka transaction here).

One has no idea why the same feedback was a combo of positives and neutrals. It is possible the buyer was less happy with the neutraled cards.

The good news is they're only neutrals and the wording is not really that bad so nothing really counts against you from a visibility perspective and ebay proper doesn't care about them anymore, or so the tell us. 

If I got these, this is a situation where I wouldn't even reply to them there's nothing more to be said.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

Just to underscore @ricarmic's excellent post, note that at the end of each feedback comment is the listing number to which the feedback comment corresponds.  When buyers check on their "My eBay" for items requiring feedback, it's just that, the items, not the transaction itself.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Another thing to remember is that regardless of how many items/listing are in a transaction, the transaction as a whole only ever counts towards one feedback score point. This can be a bit annoying when you get one point added to your score from a 20 item transaction with 20 positive feedbacks, but when you look at it from the other side, you'd only ever lose one point if all 20 were negative! It would be very unfair to lose 20 points for one bad transaction! 

I know that above example doesn't exactly relate to your issue with neutral feedback (you only lost out on one point and didn't lose one either), but at least your seller only left neutral and the comments are actually very positive, so that's a plus! It's great that they explained why they felt the transaction was neutral (purely their own experience, not a negative hit at you). 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply