Invoice in spanish

Every day something new and different.  I sold an item to a buyer in Texas.  I sent the invoice as usual.  The copy of the invoice into my email is in Spanish.  As I don't speak Spanish I am assuming it's the standard format for an invoice.  I've been messaging back and forth with this buyer before he bought, in English of course, so why the switch to Spanish.  Yesterday, I had issues with the shipping calculator, which seemed to have me located in Hong Kong.  I changed my passwords,  and things went back to normal.  Any input here would be appreciated.  

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Invoice in spanish

If anyone is interested, Mo and I did an experiment to see how this all worked. The purchase was made from a listing that uses calculated shipping.  At first, every time I changed the address the shipping cost also changed. That means that if I changed my address after purchase but before payment, the shipping would be adjusted to charge for shipment to the new address.   BUT, once the seller sent an invoice, I could change my address on the invoice and the shipping cost would stay at the original amount.   So sending the invoice does null the calculator and the shipping cost then becomes a flat rate.

We did do screen shots to confirm how everything worked but I won't post them unless wants me to.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

Thank you for taking the time to conduct the experiment with me, pj. It was illuminating. 

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

The state of Texas has a very large Spanish-speaking population, and it's possible your buyer had his/her settings preferences defaulted to Spanish (even though they may also speak/write English).  

I find eBay's forms and features are very consistent across languages (I occasionally communicate with buyers in French or German, so I've seen a lot of those eBay forms).  The invoice in Spanish will most likely say exactly what it would have in English.  If you have a particular section of text you can't figure out by using Google Translate, send me a PM and I'll see if I can help.  I don't speak Spanish, but it's close enough to Italian and French that I can usually figure it out. 

Message 23 of 23
latest reply