Isn't it funny that as soon as you have tracked shipping, your "not received" items goes to NIL.

Right now, since I have all my shipping tracked to the US and internationally and haven't yet had any issues of not received, (touch wood) and the only not received item is I have gotten is from  Canada where I don't track.  The only feedback that this buyer gave to another seller was thank you for the refund, so I think she has done it before.  So needless to say I don't believe her.  I gave her a month after the refund to tell me that she has received it.  But no, I have since blocked her.  

I really hope that ebay tracks buyers that claim they never received the item and send them a warning regarding their address.  

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Isn't it funny that as soon as you have tracked shipping, your "not received" items goes to NIL.

Back in the old days I use to ship everything regular airmail without incident. I believe that was before the eBay Money Back Guarantee (correct me if I'm wrong).

I was younger, optimistic and fearless back those days... lol!  

I've used tracking world wide for the last 6 years of selling on eBay..... I've lost business Internationally, Europe and Australia (I charge 40.00 for Tracked Packet-International) but I'm getting to old to deal with INR claims which I'm sure have increased for most sellers over the years... 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Although my shipments of $15 items to countries like Sweden dropped after I switched to Tracked Packet for everything outside Canada, I’m pleased with the no-INRs that are the flip side of that decision. Yes, I still sell to Europe but now I sell the higher value items AND I sleep at night. Sales to the USA were not affected by the switch from Small Packet to Tracked Packet. If anything, my American buyers seemed relieved to have tracking, and there were some who complained about cost of postage even at Small Packet rates.

I don’t regret the switch to Tracked Packet. It’s worth it.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Like I frequently say, tracked items don’t go ‘missing’ the same way untracked ones do. Statistically, they’re all part of the same mailstream and therefore just as likely to be ‘lost’ so that leads me to suspect most INRs are, in reality, false claims either borne of deception or impatience.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Today I an optimist and believe most “lost” items are just delayed.
Since about half of my (very few) refunds later return the refund, I feel pretty confident on that.

I’d also like to mention that the difference between returns and refunds today and say three years ago is that eBay is publicizing their long time policy— Sellers can refuse return s but can NOT refuse refunds.The other half of this is that sellers can demand returns before refunding.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Tracking is important... Another factor  is what is being sold on eBay... and then the character of the buyer.

In my situation with  books... of a certain topic....  Tracking is not a problem to Canadian and US buyers

It was two years ago that I had a big problem with tracked items going to Europe....  Tracking showed to Montreal, and then stopped....  This occurred during July and  August.... Everything eventually was OK.... but that was the end of shipping to countries other than Canada and the US.   No more headaches....

About 20 % of my mail is lettermail/letterpost .....  No problems  other than perhaps ... one such parcel each year......    The last claim happened with an unusual magazine   ... and with that magazine attracting a specific character of a buyer.  Found that magazine at a unique by invitation only antique/collectables sale.

Tracking is important.....  However, it is also important with respect what is said about shipping in a listing..   I never say... no tracking..... or.... no insurance

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I find it hard to understand why anyone would put in their terms of sale that the seller will not be tracking as if this was a Good Thing.
No tracking is a benefit for the buyer because he gets cheaper shipping and a free purchase after his INR claim
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

The road the heck is paved with good intentions; the seller is trying to be forthcoming so that their customer won’t be disappointed there is no tracking to watch along the way but the problem is that it’s a big, blinking neon sign that says Steal From Me, I Make It Easy for less-ethical buyers.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply