Late mailings penalized?

When the Toronto area went on strike for a couple of days, I put my store on vacation  because the central mailing center in Mississauga is where are our mail is processed.

According the the CP website, there is a large volume of mail there waiting to be processed. I don't want to ship items adding to the large pile there, I would rather wait until it clears a bit.

I have had 3 sales since my store was put vacation, I didn't restrict buyers, but explained that there would be delays. My question is, if I don't mail until next Monday or Tuesday, will I be penalized for late shipping when I have my store on vacation?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Late mailings penalized?

tyler@ebay
Community Member

@triber wrote:

When the Toronto area went on strike for a couple of days, I put my store on vacation  because the central mailing center in Mississauga is where are our mail is processed.

According the the CP website, there is a large volume of mail there waiting to be processed. I don't want to ship items adding to the large pile there, I would rather wait until it clears a bit.

I have had 3 sales since my store was put vacation, I didn't restrict buyers, but explained that there would be delays. My question is, if I don't mail until next Monday or Tuesday, will I be penalized for late shipping when I have my store on vacation?

Thanks for the tag @reallynicestamps!

Hi @triber - I'm glad that you've been communicative with your buyers, and that they've been understanding. We will work to protect your account from late shipping misses, tracking upload and validated dings as well as Item Not Receive requests and neutral/negative feedback. These protections will happen automatically (usually done weekly). 

I am still waiting for clarification on how these protections will work for members who don't normally use tracking and will update the Weekly Chat when I hear back with specifics. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Late mailings penalized?

tyler@ebay  was reassuring about that in the Wednesday chat.

Including those of us who do not track our items.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Late mailings penalized?

tyler@ebay
Community Member

@triber wrote:

Thanks for the tag @reallynicestamps!

Hi @triber - I'm glad that you've been communicative with your buyers, and that they've been understanding. We will work to protect your account from late shipping misses, tracking upload and validated dings as well as Item Not Receive requests and neutral/negative feedback. These protections will happen automatically (usually done weekly). 

I am still waiting for clarification on how these protections will work for members who don't normally use tracking and will update the Weekly Chat when I hear back with specifics. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 3 of 3
latest reply