Need advice on scammer

Hey folks,

I sold a item in which the buyer was a International buyer.. I shipped the item and he confirms he has received it..He now states it is (to him) a fake and demands a refund..First off I do not sell fake items and when I asked as to why he thinks it is fake, he states it is in different packaging then one he previously bought online..  Whatever..he's not happy  so I advise that if he does not like the item to return it and I would  refund him.. He comes back and states he will not return it as he would be arrested for shipping again what he considers a fake item. He then proceeds to write  threats..

I have been more than pleasant to this chap but now with his threats he is just plain making me well not happy..

What would you do?

I personally think he is trying to pull a scam.. 

any advice would be helpful as this is a first for me

He has a feedback of 35

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Need advice on scammer

YAH! What he said - hang in there.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 21 of 31
latest reply

Youre going to have to get use to it if you want to keep on selling on this site. It attracts all kind of rift raft.

You will figure out very quickly what are all your options and how to use them.

Just stay level headed, it will stay in perspective.

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

That idiot thinks he would be arrested for returning a fake item!!  Boy!  It sure makes me laugh!  It is clearly he is a scammer and wants to keep the item for FREE!

Since eBay removed the sellers' capabilities to leave our buyers neutral or negative feedbcak, we are seeing more and more scammers than before.

I had to change my ways of dealing with buyers who claimed they are not what as described, etc., they MUST return for A FULL REFUND including return postage, otherwise no refund, period!  Believe me, nearly 90% changed their mind and not return their items!!  I even offered them the return postage!!  Obviously scammers wanting to keep items for free!!

No return, no refund, period!!  It is time we as sellers stand up and fight back, otherwise we would be overpowered by those scammers and more upcoming scammers in the upcoming months!!

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

Hi folks,

Just a update after i have had a few days to cool down.. well got another neg...funny thing is guy never emailed me or asked for a refund... I am thinking weird.. but then I get a few emails from my buyers.. I guess the crazy guy is emailing everyone who purchased from me advising them that I am a scammer... Like WTH... so after hours on the phone ebay still won't remove the negs...ok so be it.. but him now emailing people is to the extreme... oh and after some digging.. the same guy who states i sell fakes buys all his items from china!!! according to his feedback... so I figured he buys a legit case from me and is going to try to return a fake (yes he has to return it) Paypal sided with me... my guess is that I will never receive a item back but it really urks me that he is emailing all my customers.. he pretty much said he would make my ebay selling hard if i did not refund him immediately.. he knows the fine line on ebay guidelines on what he can do and say but he is going to make a mistake sooner or later

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

You can add a Response to any feedback, your own or your customer's.

The most effective Responses are calm and factual. No CAPS , no exclamation marks!!!!, and no vulgarity or name calling.

"Offered full refund for return. Refused." would be my suggestion. You could also add the date of your refund offer.

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

how does one do that ? 

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

never mind I found it 🙂  Never knew you could do such a thing

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

As far as I know, neg buyer 1 can't find out who the other buyers are to contact them, so the 2nd neg opinion should be independent?

I am no expert in the stuff you are selling, but do you know what might be making these folks think that they are fakes? Neg buyer 1 had made mention that the packaging was different? It doesn't matter if their opinion is right or not, it matters that they have somehow come up with it and if more buyers have the same opinion it is going to further damage to your ability to sell these. To my mind this is your biggest problem at this time.

If I was faced with this situation and I wanted to continue selling this stuff, I'd add extra information to the communication to the buyer at the time of the sale and again along with the item itself when it is shipped (like a piece of paper attached to the plastic bag or whatever that it is contained in) that helps them understand that it is legitimate - again I am not sure how you would do that for this material. I would also probably put something in that reminds them of the full refund if not satisfied policy you have.

As a note, your feedback response to neg buyer #1 was AWESOME! If I was looking to buy an item from you and read that negative and your response, I would know that you try to resolve problem situations, which is what I as a customer want. I always check negs/neutral responses from sellers before I buy.

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

Hi there,

Sorry you're having this problem, sounds like a huge headache. Maybe the second buyer who left a negative has something to do with the first negative feedback buyer? Maybe the first buyer contacted the second buyer saying your items are fake, and second buyer left negative because he believes him. Or maybe they're the same person with more than one ebay account, and are attacking you from all sides? Obviously this first negative feedback buyer is trying to get something for nothing, or might return you a fake item. I don't think it's right he threatened you with making your selling on ebay hell if you don't refund without return, I think ebay should be able to do something about that threat, if not, what's the good of ebay really. If I were you, I would start another ebay account on ebay dot com and start working on building a new feedback reputation, just in case this guy is a serious nut job that wants stupid revenge for the long haul.

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

Hi there,

I did not think they could contact other buyers as well but they can.. I have the emails from the other buyers to prove it... This guy is off the wall...I can only imagine what he will do next... hopefully the warning from ebay will be enough but we shall see

Message 30 of 31
latest reply

Wow well he must have found a way around the new hidden ids etc.... I'm assuming you shared with the eBay folks the emails he sent the other buyers, I expect that would work in your favour as well.... I had a problem customer a while ago, not as bad as yours, but eventually eBay did deal with them, patience was required though.....
Message 31 of 31
latest reply