New Listing Promo Dec 19 to 23 List free 200 auction or fixed

Before you get excited, its by invitation only and most likely only for USA residents.  As us Canadians are being told Ebay only gives out promos when  it benefits them not us.  Meanwhile the USA has been getting promos all along and we CDNs don't.  Ebay canada management is asleep at the wheel.......or is there anyone in management even caring about this?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

When it comes to Free Listing Promos, Canadian sellers have been shafted throughout 2017.  eBay Canada is a real piece of work - and eBay in general is no longer a site I can count on as my main selling venue. Although I still I use up my monthly 50 free listings on both dotCA and dotCOM, I have transferred ALL my listings to other venues.Hopefully something good will come of that as nothing worthwhile has come from eBay over the past 6 months.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

After selling retail and mail order for over 35 years, frankly, if you can only make a profit if you have free listings (a cost of 30 cents at most), you should be rethinking your business plan.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

As us Canadians are being told Ebay only gives out promos when  it benefits them not us.

It is Canadian sellers that are saying that..not eBay. Plus, I'm fairly certain that eBay does not give promotions to any sellers on any sites unless it benefits them.

I do agree that US sellers do seem to get more promos but I would happy with a promo every once in a while on  the .com site.  I don't think that will happen though...the few I have received here are for .ca only.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Sellers in the U.S. have big market size and shipping cost advantages over Canadian sellers. Offering them free listings without including us tips the fairness further out of whack. If it continues I will gradually reduce my listings here and exit completely eventually.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

As us Canadians are being told Ebay only gives out promos when  it benefits them not us.

It is Canadian sellers that are saying that..not eBay. Plus, I'm fairly certain that eBay does not give promotions to any sellers on any sites unless it benefits them.

I do agree that US sellers do seem to get more promos but I would happy with a promo every once in a while on  the .com site.  I don't think that will happen though...the few I have received here are for .ca only.

Once US & Canada split, very few can be used by .ca registered sellers even if they list on .com.

If you want to use .com promos, you have to register on .com, US address, bank, and debit or credit card

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Article on surge in listing promos by Ebay - of course Canada has enough listings so they do not participate - RIGHT!!! 

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2017/12/1513649699.html

Message 7 of 7
latest reply