New offer e-mail from buyer's perspective

It's been pointed out a few times recently that the way eBay handles offers is different, from allowing more offers to changing how the offer is seen on the site and in e-mails, but from what I can recall we've only seen it from the seller's viewpoint. I put in an offer today and a couple things stood out to me in the e-mail I got. (If this has been pointed out before and I missed it, sorry.)

First, it shows what similar items have sold for in the past 90 days. It says "Fair Offer", so I think it's telling me what would be considered "Fair" based on recent sold prices of similar items, but perhaps it's specifically saying my offer is fair. I don't know.

Also, it says I can make up to 9 more offers if the seller declines. I remember the limit being increased to 10 at some point, but I thought recently some sellers were saying it went down to 5? Is it maybe tied to categories, or could the e-mail be wrong? (It's eBay, so the latter wouldn't be surprising.)

I just thought this might be interesting enough to be worth sharing. (In the e-mail, the item and offer info is shown between these 2 blue bars but I removed it from the image.)

ebay.png

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

New offer e-mail from buyer's perspective

I believe it's 5 or 10 offers depending on category.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply