New promo: Dec 8 to Dec 18, 1000 free auctions per day

By invitation:

1000 free auctions per day  (use carefully, eBay.ca screwed up this style of promo last time)

Only for: 5 day, 7 day and 10 day auctions.

NEW listings only.

The Promotion does not apply to relisted items.

Starts: December 8

Ends: December 18

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: New promo: Dec 8 to Dec 18, 1000 free auctions per day

So I'm a bit confused by this (or maybe just hoping what I'm thinking is incorrect).

Does this mean that all of the unsold listings I have in Turbo Lister can no longer be listed for free using the Free Listing Promos, or my 50 free listings per month?

Or does this only apply to items directly "relisted" using My Ebay online?

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

The e-mail I received said the promotion is from November 8 to 18. I'm wondering if the OP simply typed the wrong month in the thread... Christmas is not here yet! Smiley Wink

I'm thinking that using "sell similar" should allow us to bypass the "relist" limitation. Well, will try and find out later on tonight. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

@zee-chan wrote:

The e-mail I received said the promotion is from November 8 to 18. I'm wondering if the OP simply typed the wrong month in the thread... Christmas is not here yet! Smiley Wink

I'm thinking that using "sell similar" should allow us to bypass the "relist" limitation. Well, will try and find out later on tonight. Smiley Happy

*sigh*

Yes, I've been hearing far too much Xmas music this week...

I'm old enough to remember the days when they held off on Xmas stuff until December...

I'm also going to see if sell similar will work.

And it has the bonus of allowing you to make adjustments to the listing...

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

Anyone have the link ?

Received the email  for once, but no announcement in Promotional Offers.

When I clicked on Start Selling, the next page asked me to turn off my Compatibility Mode for a Better eBay Experience.

Here we go again.

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally got it this time after 4th in a row, no free promos!  Thanks eBay!

Anyway I am able to relist my items (7 of them)  with this free promo an hour ago and I checked my promotion summary and see 7/993.

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

I am wondering about 2 of the same issues: (I was invited!!!)

1. If I import unsold to TL, does TL pick up the item number and then consider it to be a relist, or would it be considered a new listing?

2. I am also wonder ing about the sell similar

New issue - is there any was to save unsolds  (from Selling Manager) to a file and then relist them?

Looks like it will be a busy week - I have a ton of new inventory  

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

@bb_cool_stuff wrote:
Anyone have the link ?
Received the email  for once, but no announcement in Promotional Offers.

Once you list your first qualified item the offer will show in the Promotional Offers section. Each day should start as a fresh blank.

http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2014/11_08/NewAuctions.html

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

By invitation:

1000 free auctions per day  (use carefully, eBay.ca screwed up this style of promo last time)

Only for: 5 day, 7 day and 10 day auctions.

NEW listings only.

Starts: December 8

Ends: December 18

Didn't receive the email but I looked and the promo is on my summary page. that's a first for me so make sure to check even if you didn't get the email.

Cheers,

thd

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

Thanks Dennis, everything seems to be in place at my end.

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

Yes, first time I had an invitation via email in months, but they still showed on my Promo Page.

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

I am not sure why Ebay does not want to allow relist in this promo, I have more than 900 items waiting

to be relisted, anyone can explain why ?

Just doesn't make any sense to me to redo all these listings again ????

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

Where does it say NEW listings only, and no relisted items? I've read it over and over again and cannot find this. Am I blind? lol.

http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2014/11_08/ListAuction.html

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you kidding me?  Yes you can relist them.  I was able to relist nearly over 500 this morning and I checked my Promotion Summary and it is used in this free listings promo and monthly 500/500 (half of them left) free listings still remain intact.

When you relist any item, you can see which promo or your monthly listings shown at the starting price for auction-style format, then you will knew it is free listing promo or your monthly listings before you can submit it.  I always look in that area for the 1st relist to make sure.

There is nothing in this free listing promo that you CANNOT relist them.

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

The promo clearly says,

NEW listings only.

Message 15 of 31
latest reply

I don't see anything about relisted items either. Perhaps the OP misread the last paragraph.

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

It says "no relists" in 4 places in the offer email, as follows:

- Offer Applies to New Listings Only; Excludes Relists  (this is on the right hand sidebar of the email offer)

- ...Invited sellers who create a listing in the auction-style format or auction-style with Buy It Now format, pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein (“Qualifying Listing”), will pay no insertion fee per newly listed item (relisted items not included)...

-  The Promotion does not apply to relisted items, final value fees, or optional upgrade fees

-  Restrictions & Exclusions.

• The Promotion excludes the following: 1-day and 3-day listing durations, relisted items or items listed in the fixed price format, eBay Motors Passenger Vehicles

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

Okay so I just found out on the ebay.com boards that apparently there are 2 different forms of the offer.  Some people got the one with the "no relisting" clause, and the other one does not mention it at all.

Be VERY careful when listing and look very carefully at the wording of you offer.  You may get charged for a whole bunch of relists that you never expected.

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

I didn't get an email about it. I'm just looking at the promo information on the site....there was a link on my selling manager page. Are there actually 2 versions on the ebay site as well?

I wonder if they are just referring to when a seller uses the automatic relist option.

To check I would relist one item and see how it showed up on the promotion count.

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

There are two different offers that have been sent. On one, you definitely cannot relist in any way.  Must use the 'Sell Similar' feature to get around it.

original.png

Message 20 of 31
latest reply